cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Customer suport have an idea what they are doing?

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Do Customer suport have an idea what they are doing?

My line speed had been 11000 for months utill a blip in sync speed on 2nd Sept when it dropped to 10000. After a reboot my sync speed went back to 12907 but after over a thousand hours the line speed did not get updated. On the 7th Oct I had another re sync when the speed climbed to 13408 but still the line speed remained at 10000 so me liking things to work as they should I raised a ticket ID 30383431.
Then the ticket tennis started. First reply was run the fault checker test which I did. That resulted in me being told it was all due to a high number of reconnects and a lecture on the DLM and would I run the fault checker that I had already run. There had not been a high number of reconnects unless you call over a 1000 hours and 280 over a month a high number.
The next ticket tells me I'm on a banded profile of 10 meg because my line in unstable due to some reconnection on the 7th as far as I know there was one when my sync speed jumped from 12907 to 13408 hardly the sign of an unstable connection.
That was followed by a phone call telling me that this is how the system works and I do not have a fault  The ticket was updated to say that if I re synced at a higher rate  my line speed may get updated. Three tickets all giving a a different reply.
I know ADSL2+ is not perfecr but I can't believe a sync period of over 1000 and 280 hours could be classed as unstable or a line speed of 10000 can be correct for a synce speed of 13408. That's loosing a quarter  of my sync speed
The last time my BT profile got stuck I mentione in the forum and it was fixed in a couple of hours.
I can see now why C/S satifaction is dropping in the polls.
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: Do Customer suport have an idea what they are doing?

Right, for starters, the line isn't banded.
I'm not sure whether it was at the time of the reply, although I suspect not and could have been some confusion between banded profiles and IP profiles - bear in mind a number of the CSC have just started to get access to the fault reporting systems on 21C.  Not that that's an excuse though, and I'll have a chat with the guy that told you that your line was banded.
I'll pick up your complaint with BT Wholesale.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Do Customer suport have an idea what they are doing?

Thanks James. It really is a pain when customers have to raise problems on the forums to get them sorted out.