Thursday 24th April 2014Login | Register
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 140

Plusnet will give your personal details to ACS Law with not informing you!!

« Reply #1984 on 08/01/2011, 13:23 »
@ rapidplay

Maybe Fletch could give you an answer, he was asking to people to forward letters from ACS to him some time ago so maybe you could do that and ask him the question.

I just wanted to clarify one of the points raised by watching in relation to Plusnet contacting the customers.

The NPO doesn't currently clearly set-out a way for me to contact the customers - therefore it is possible that if Plusnet did contact the customers directly we might affect the process.  This is one of the points we are discussing internally and seeking some clarity on.  However, given there is no reason that customers can't contact Plusnet regarding the NPO, this is the reason for my request.  If you have received a letter relating the the NPO of the 19th of November then please contact me.

Thanks,

Fletch

EDIT: removed "and"

Contact - Fletch

« Last Edit: 08/01/2011, 13:32 by Toolbox »

• Dom
  • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on 13/01/2011, 10:18 »
It seems as though there isn't much news about this at the moment. I guess the storm has quietened down somewhat.
Like what you see on the forums? Why not sign up to Plusnet today!
Xilo Web Hosting - Quality, Affordable London-based Web Hosting.
« Reply #1986 on 13/01/2011, 16:00 »
ACS Law (or something similar) will be back.
It's too good a con to forget about!

Support via Land-line 0800 432 0200
« Reply #1987 on 13/01/2011, 23:51 »
Well ive just signed up to plusnet before reading this but to be honest its no big thing 
acs can send me a letter anyday telling me ive done something. however im a master of minimal letter and email writing. they will get this as a reply

"Dear ACS

Prove it

Best regards"

seriously though i aint paying them
« Reply #1988 on 14/01/2011, 00:12 »
If they write to you, you'd be FAR BETTER OFF replying with a formal denial.  This thread contains links and details should you ever need them.
« Reply #1989 on 14/01/2011, 07:02 »
thank you knidly
« Reply #1990 on 14/01/2011, 19:02 »
Hi,
 Guess what I had through the post today?

Its another threatening letter, not from ACS,but this time GCB Ltd , saying that they have taken over the case and want a settlement on 475 almost a third of what ACS wanted.

As I am innocent because my wifi was insecure at the time I have written another letter stating my denial and hope this one is the last .

Regards,
Nick.
« Reply #1991 on 14/01/2011, 19:40 »
Don't tell them what you intend to use as a defence, should they wish to go to court!

Support via Land-line 0800 432 0200
« Reply #1992 on 14/01/2011, 20:17 »
GCB Ltd (to me) seems like a scam, i.e. scamming not only you the victim, but record companies too.

http://acsbore.wordpress....etters-issued-by-gcb-ltd/

« Reply #1993 on 14/01/2011, 20:41 »
Hi,
  Just found this...

http://www.consumeraction...90069-ACS-Law-GCB-Limited

Very interesting. It does seem like a scam, but I will still send my letter of denial Recorded delivery just in case they say I didn't respond in the 14 days.

Cheers,
Nick..
« Reply #1994 on 15/01/2011, 02:39 »
It wouldn't be hard for someone to put together a pretty convincing scam from the mess of stuff that Crossley's 'leak' made available to world + dog, including names + details etc of victims and the so-called cases they were connected to, ACS letterheads, examples of various signatures. Meat and drink for fraudsters, especially those with a thin veneer of legitimacy.
Mark
« Reply #1995 on 15/01/2011, 16:09 »
Interesting disclaimer by Mclean Reid about GCB on their website

* disclaimer.pdf (590.49 KB - downloaded 161 times.)
« Reply #1996 on 16/01/2011, 12:10 »
@Bob
Thanks for the update, I look forward to the response from ACS Law, I hope Plusnet will publish what is received, as i notice that Plusnet were threatened not to release the details contained in the last report.

It's been over a month now and no update from PN staff.  Sad

Can you please advise us what action you have taken regards to the blatant breach of the court order by ACS Law? Are you taking this back to the Judge? Please let us know.
« Reply #1997 on 16/01/2011, 13:49 »
Hi,
 Guess what I had through the post today?

Its another threatening letter, not from ACS,but this time GCB Ltd , saying that they have taken over the case and want a settlement on 475 almost a third of what ACS wanted.

Any chance you can forward a copy of this letter Nick? I had seen the ACS:Bore article but wasn't aware (until now) that any of our customers had received a letter! Angry

Can you please advise us what action you have taken regards to the blatant breach of the court order by ACS Law? Are you taking this back to the Judge? Please let us know.

The last I knew, our lawyers had sent a fairly aggressively worded letter to ACS:Law about the situation. I'll have to catch up with a few people around the office before I can provide any more info than that...
« Reply #1998 on 16/01/2011, 13:58 »
Bob, do you know if anyone from BT/Plusnet will be observing at Mondays court case?  I know your not party to it, but it could well be very informative for all concerned.
« Reply #1999 on 17/01/2011, 07:07 »
Hi Bob,
  Can you send me you email address and I will scan and send it to you..
  Cheers,
 Nick..
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 140
Jump to:  

Related Sites

Community Apps

Here at Plusnet we're always trying to use clever open source things to make our lives easier. Sometimes we write our own and make other people's lives easier too!

View the Plusnet Open Source applications page

About Plusnet

We're a Yorkshire-based provider selling broadband and phone services to homes and businesses throughout the UK. Winner of the ISPA 2010 'Best Consumer Customer Service ISP' Award, we're proud to offer the UK's best value standalone broadband.

© Plusnet plc All Rights Reserved. E&OE