cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet will give your personal details to ACS Law with not informing you!!

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Plusnet will give your personal details to ACS Law with not informing you!!

Yes.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Just wondering if the MacAlpine lawyers might be seeking similar information to get addresses of libellous posters on social media.
I'd bet a lot of the names there could be false, despite any rules to the contrary.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Mark
Did a 138 page thread need to be resurrected for this?

Yes
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Update:
O2 and Golden Eye International in court battle over user details
[quote="ORG"]
ORG granted permission to intervene in Golden Eye appeal
We're delighted to announce that we have been granted permission to intervene in the appeal by Golden Eye International. (See a previous post for more details).
The case relates to an application earlier this year by Golden Eye for a 'Norwich Pharmacal Order'.
The order would have seen Telefonica UK (called O2 in the UK) handing over to Golden Eye the details relating to around 9000 IP addresses, through which copyright infringement is alleged to have occurred. The High Court granted an order for the disclosure of details relating to 2,845 of these IP addresses. But the High Court declined to give an order relating to around 6000 IP addresses, because of the arrangement that Golden Eye had with the owners of the copyrights. Golden Eye are appealing this aspect of the decision.
Read More Here
Razer
Grafter

I cannot help but wonder that if:
"The past couple of weeks we have been asking for donations to help us cover the £5000 it will cost to intervene. We've had a fantastic response, with over £3,800 raised already."
And:
"If our intervention is successful, O2 will not be have to hand over the data it retains relating to just over 6,000 IP addresses."
Why doesn't O2 donate the £5,000? It's a drop in the ocean for them. Or would that constitute a conflict of interest?
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Quote from: Razer
Why doesn't O2 donate the £5,000?

Maybe because O2 don't particularly care if they have to hand over the user details or not? It was Consumer Focus and now ORG fighting it.