Did you mean: 

Getting very cheesed off now

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Getting very cheesed off now

Hi George,
I'm sorry to hear that this is getting worse at the moment. BTW have recommended an SFI visit to do detailed checks for REIN whilst co-operating with the REIN team.
Can you let me know what your availability is like for this please?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Any PM Adam but if they are going to send an ordinary SFI engineer it's going to be a waste of time again. Every SFI engineer that has been here with instructions to carry out REIN checks say SFI engineers are not qualified to carry out REIN checks and require properly trained REIN engineers with the proper equipment which SFI engineers do not have.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK George,  I'll aim to get the soonest AM slot I can for you.
As mentioned when we spoke yesterday REIN engineers rarely visit customer's and don't need to in the majority of cases. The engineer will be a an experienced SFI who will be clued up and will carry out some REIN tests for us whilst co-operating with the REIN team. We're doing all we can to raise awareness of any past failures and the need for dealing this with an informed and sensible approach.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

PM Adam not AM please. One other thing I keep forgetting to mention is the attenuation had gone up from 25 dB which has remained stable for years has now increased to 31 dB since the start of the latest problems.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

God knows why I put AM, I did mean PM.
Thanks for the extra info too, one of my colleagues on the faults team is getting this booked now for us.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Being a logical sort of person and who has been a radio armature who ran a packet radio BBS for over 25 years so know about a fair bit about interference and data transfer, it seems to  me if there is enough interference on the line to knock my connection down from 15 Meg to about 2 Meg I should be able to hear it on the line or detect it using a radio but I can't. Even when I had a loud ticking on the line it did not drop anywhere near that much.
My betting is a faulty line card or faulty DLM.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks George,

I'll of course bear in mind what you are saying there. However DLM is more a process than a piece of equipment so theres no single point of failure there. WIth regards to the line card your on a different one now following the last lift and shift so we are confident that issue has been ruled out too.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

What makes me think it could be a hitch with the DLM is when I was having problems in the previous episode I was getting errors running into millions within a couple of seconds or SNR figures going mad up to the thousands.
The thing is my sync speed now seems to be stuck at about 2meg and I can hear no interference of any kind on the line  so the DLM should allow me to syn higher.
glloyd
Rising Star

Any news on the engineer booking?
Even at these low speeds getting loads of disconnects.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As per our chat earlier on the appointment is confirmed for PM tomorrow.
As I am away from work for the next 6 days I am handing this over to Matt who will be continuing to deal with the fault and will keep you updated.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Glloyd,
There's no updates as yet following this afternoon's engineer visit however I've handed this over to Rami (forum username RamiDoodle) who'll be updating you tomorrow and Monday. I'll pick this back up on Tuesday but hopefully following this afternoon's test things will settle down.
I hope it's gone well for you.
glloyd
Rising Star

No it's not gone well. As I keep repeating RFI engineers have no REIN training what so ever. I had a phone call from an engineer at 5.00pm,  who has now been here three times, to say he had been told to change the face plate which he did. He then ran the same line test that had been run a dozen times before and came up with the same results as before 99.7% quality and then left. NOTHING has been fixed. He knew nothing about any REIN test or co ordination with the REIN team. Each time this engineer has been here things have got worse rather than better. On one occasion he left us with no phone. He was the one fiddling at the exhange on Tuesday after which my sync speed dropped further to 2 Meg
I'm getting annoyed more than I dare say on this board. I don't know where the blame lies but where ever it is shows total incompetence. Openreach engineers turn up here who have no idea what I'm talking about when I say what I've been told they are suppose to do. This is now the 9th engineer visit and still the fault is not fixed. Not only that but rather than things getting better, each time they fiddle it gets worse.
I also rang CS when the BT engineer phoned to tell them what was going on but there is no note on my ticket
glloyd
Rising Star

Hello anyone there or is everybody on leave? I would like to know whats going on.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

As it happens yes, both Matt and Adam are on leave today. Having said that, they've handed over your details to one of our most senior faults analysts who'll be taking over the reins today.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

glloyd
Rising Star

At last an engineer (#10) who seemed to know what he's doing. This one has some REIN equipment although he was not a REIN engineer. Unfortunately (which ever way you look at it) everything check out OK. He together with complex faults team or someone on the phone could find no faults. He is going to recommend a cease and re provide so will have to wait and see if that cures the problem.
Watch this space Undecided