Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New skin bugs and tweaks

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: New skin bugs and tweaks

I've just spotted a minor inconsistency - the placement of the Last Post icon which takes you to the end of a topic.
In Unread Posts and Replies to Your Posts it is flush right in the Last Post column.
In the forum index it is on the left in front of the Date.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Anyone found a good use for the left shift key? - sorry nevglufc
My other car isn't a Ferrari
pierre_pierre
Grafter

It gets to to the Capitol letters and !@#$%^&*()_+ Things, although some posters dont seem to know that, i do - Sorry I do.
Firefox spell checker also knows is you start a sentence  with lower case.
jwing
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
I've just spotted a minor inconsistency - the placement of the Last Post icon which takes you to the end of a topic.
In Unread Posts and Replies to Your Posts it is flush right in the Last Post column.
In the forum index it is on the left in front of the Date.

Think I may have fixed this as part of another bug, will have to check when the update goes out though as it was a knock on effect rather than making a concious change Cheesy
Also just to keep you guys updated, the clock is ticking and we are still waiting on code reviews and change controls before we can roll out the changes, so there is a chance the update might slip until the morning.
Thanks
Jonny
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

This thread is a bit difficult to manage when you're not always reading the new posts :-] - what happened to using the "Community Site Bugs" forum, and having a new thread for each bug which then gets moved to the child forum when fixed? Smiley
Anyway, just found another bug/tweak needed:
when writing a Private Message, I clicked the "Quote" button which inserted the relevant \[quote\] tag and \[\/quote\] tag.  But when I previewed the post before sending, the text enclosed by the tags was NOT formatted differently (unlike in the forum proper which does work) and the word "Quote" appeared in the text where the tag was.
See attached screenshot.
HTH,
Martin
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: snozboz
This thread is a bit difficult to manage when you're not always reading the new posts :-] - what happened to using the "Community Site Bugs" forum, and having a new thread for each bug which then gets moved to the child forum when fixed? Smiley

... and posts about suggestions in the err... Community Site Suggestions forum? (but see this post about closed suggestions).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jwing
Grafter

Hi All,
Just to let you all know the updates will be rolled in the morning now as we haven't been able to get all the necessary paper work completed Wink
Thanks
Jonny
fotobits
Rising Star

Is it just me?
I use Internet Explorer Ver 7 and individual messages are seperated by a horizontal slider and there's a vertical slider on the right.  In Firefox the messages are presented OK.
Like this, I find the Community pages very unfriendly, pity because I like the overall design.
Regards....
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

there is a coding glitch.
i managed to reproduce it in IE7 by shrinking the window and at one size only I get it. Bigger or smaller and they aren't there
fotobits
Rising Star

How very odd, oldjim.
I find that at 100% screen magnification, I have the borders and at 102%, 104%, 106%, 107%.
I have no borders at 101%. 103%, 105%, 107%, 108%, 110% !
Not consistent!
I hope this'll be corrected.  Do you know if it's been noted by +Net?
Regards...
Colin
Grafter

I can only reproduce it in one exact circumstance... when my IE 7 window on Vista is set to approx. 966x825 pixels. If I make it wider, it's fine. This will be one for Jonny, but he's on an off-site tomorrow, so I'm not sure if he'll have a chance to look before Monday.
(I'm also OOO tomorrow afternoon, so it's unlikely there'll be many changes).
fotobits
Rising Star

Many thanks for the speedy response, Colin.
For info, I'm on XP and my monitor's screen resolution is 1280 x 1024.
The fact that the problem is being fixed in due course is good enough for me!
Regards and thanks....Noel
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This is probably note a glitch but a result of the basic coding. If I add text which is recognisable as HTML coding using the quote command it converts it to what it thinks it should be. This is a nuisance. I have got round it by using code wrappers. Is this the only way round it.
Edit Suggestion by Jameseh to use nobbc wrapper is excellent - but now for a real problem.
Modifying my original post I can't delete the image despite unchecking the correct box
Colin
Grafter

The fixes that Jonny was talking about yesterday have now rolled out.
Not applicable

Quote from: fotobits
Is it just me?
I use Internet Explorer Ver 7 and individual messages are seperated by a horizontal slider and there's a vertical slider on the right.  In Firefox the messages are presented OK.
Like this, I find the Community pages very unfriendly, pity because I like the overall design.
Regards....

I had the same when I was using a Windows theme other than the Windows Classic or Windows XP ones.
Dunno if you guys are all using different themes, and never figured why it did it for me either.