cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back tickets/questions (with poll)

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Bring back tickets/questions (with poll)

OK, I see where you're going with that argument, but as these ludicrous offers effectively mean they are paying subscribers, my conclusion is that the management need to go back to night school and learn basic economics.
John
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@jab1
The management know what they are doing.
They also know that they will not be at Plusnet is 2 to 5 years so it will look impressive on their CV to say that they (and they alone) increased Plusnet subscriptions to massively unheard of levels and that all the problems were down to other people whom they had no control over.
So a brilliant career move for the senior managers, just not so the poor customers.
Seen this all too often in large firms.  Sad
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Yes, unfortunately that is the short-sighted, accountant-led way of British (& US) business these days.
John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Part of the issue is that it is now expected that people will flit between jobs like butterflies.  Even before they are 30 you'll see CVs where people have worked at 5 or more places, claiming to have done great things whilst they were there ... but have not remained around long enough to see (and more importantly understand) the long term consequences of their actions.  It needs to be noted that many of the PlusNet middle management team are still fairly young and appear to becoming out of the BT fast-track programme - that is running before mastering walking!
Sadly we with experience are viewed as sad old gits well past our sell by dates - what they do not understand is that there is nothing is actually new - it has all been done before, just the skin and the volume is different.
For clarity...
Quote from: spoon
If increasing ludicrous offers are being made and profiles profits are still to be returned to the BT Group the only way to do that is by cutting costs and the biggest cost is bums on seats.

...sadly that is again short termism, for if people cannot get the support they need (the focus of this thread) they will go elsewhere.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: Townman
It needs to be noted that many of the PlusNet middle management team are still fairly young and appear to becoming out of the BT fast-track programme - that is running before mastering walking!

Not sure how you know this?
My understanding were that the leadership programme has been suspended at BT for a little bit and that Plusnet do their own recruitment.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: AndyH
Not sure how you know this?

Internet searches - pick a PlusNet name you know and look it up on Linked-In - then go look at their links to other PlusNet staff.  Look at their education dates (university / collage) assume they came out of further education at 21 and the rest is simple maths.  Linked-In also shows where they have been and how long they stayed.  I've noticed that a good number of people in key positions in PlusNet were previously in a BT post - doing apparently key things for a rather short time before moving on to something else - hence the appearance of a fast-track programme.  Sorry to sound like a broken record, I've seen it too many times before.
In some exchanges, PN staff have indicated their age, whilst others indicate it in their forum profiles.
You'd be shocked to see what you can find out about people with very little effort.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Townman
Sadly we with experience are viewed as sad old gits well past our sell by dates - what they do not understand is that there is nothing is actually new - it has all been done before, just the skin and the volume is different.

You speak for yourself re the volume Tongue
But from one sad old git to another, the trick is not to come across as a sad old git, but then we don't always achieve that Sad
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

+1  Grin
Unfortunately anyone with more experience these days is seen as a SOG even if only a couple of years older and if the advice is that of caution, then a naysayer as well.
You know what is right and what's not so hang on to reality!  It is very easy - If you don't fix the causes, then resource the support channel to deal with the consequences - if you don't want to resource dealing with the consequences then fix the problems.
You can think of support like an electrical supply having a given power rating.  So long as Volts x Amps does not exceed the power rating you can push more V at a lower A or pull more A at a lower V.  What you cannot do is pull more A at a higher V without the supply (support) going bang!  Shocked

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi All
I opened a Support  ticket reference: 115235920
Question #115235920

Your Response
4:45am, Saturday 28 Nov 2015
[Support Wizard Journey]
[Ask a Question about IP addresses]
[Technical Support]
[IP Addresses]
[IP Addresses]
[Additional Information]
Hi PlusNet Teem
I know this is in the wrong category but you have removed the email category from the list, Please put back emails on the list.
My Question is Will spam protection work with Redirects? i.e. email forwarding
Thank you for your time.

Answered by support team View Answer on 28 Nov 2015 at 9:48am
Dear Mr Removed,
Thank you for getting in touch with us about your account.
We are in the process of changing the way we communicate with our customers. As this is the case, this question system is in the process of being replaced by our new online chat system. Therefore, we will be unable to assist you through this system any further. We will be able to answer all your questions via our chat system, so please feel free to start a chat on the link below:
https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/
Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. There is no need to reply to this ticket if the matter is resolved. If you wish to close this ticket you can do so via our website. Alternatively it will automatically close in 14 days.
Kind regards,
Name Removed

That just maid me Angry why, read why it did
Your Response
8:52pm, Saturday 28 Nov 2015
Hi PlusNet Teem
I do not want to use your new online chat system, online chat is not compatible with my screen reader, can you Answer my Question is Will spam protection work with Redirects? i.e. email forwarding
Thank you for your time.
From Gary

Lets see if I get a Answer to my Question;
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Gary, you could try adding that you have a disability and their alternative is discriminatory - when you next get the same stupid answer.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

This is a very valid point that has been made and deserves a dedicated topic - see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,146241
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

@Anotherone, will do!  and thank you for seeing how stupid PlusNet's response was
@jelv, Thank you for doing that
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

This just re-enforces the view that though the chat service is useful, it is not and never will be a full replacement for the ticket system.
If the closure of the ticket system was to reduce the demands on the call centre arising from people asking for an update on their tickets, may be a better solution would have been to have serviced the tickets in a more timely manner.  Given that the ticket workload must by now have been decimated, can it simply be reinstated please?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

And the Call wait times HAVE not been reduced , as promised with the removal of tickets
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

By Mary Healy - posted on facebook today 48 minutes ago
How soon will we see a difference and how did it get to the point where people are having to wait an hour to get a call answered, it is unacceptable, would you wait an hour for a company to answer your call

Huh