cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back tickets/questions (with poll)

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Bring back tickets/questions (with poll)

Nice post. Totally agree with you. They seem to be slamming doors in various places Huh
Welcome to the Forum by the way.
Yorkshirekev99
Dabbler

^Thanks. Been a happy customer since the early days, and always thought Plusnet was a breath of fresh air. Never felt a need to raise my head or join the forum until now, but such reductions in contact-ability bring even the most mild-mannered customers to the fore.
Seriously hope the Service Delivery Manager (or equivalent) is paying attention to opinion on the forums they set up in the first place...
Anon
Pro

Seriously hope the Service Delivery Manager (or equivalent) is paying attention to opinion on the forums they set up in the first place.

ROFLHO.
Are you serious, they knew what they were doing and they don't give a jot about customers and what they think. They can net another bundle of fools any time they like now, with mass advertising. Back to the bad old days of not caring for customers and only caring for profit.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I set this poll so that people could change their votes if they want (remove vote and recast). Some may wish to change their mind now we've seen how the new system works for a few weeks.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion

Not a cat in hell's chance of me changing my vote.
Notice the little quotation under my avatar, that is especially applicable to the waiting ages for a "chat" and/or ending up with a useless outcome (as were my two experiences) and/or waiting in a queue on the phone for something that could have been dealt with in 5 minutes by writing a ticket  Angry
mlmclaren
Grafter

WoW!  Shocked 84% want the system reinstated.... just proof of how the customers voice means fuck all  Roll_eyes
Bobsta
Grafter

Quote from: Yorkshirekev99
Please add my name to the list of long-lived but extremely disgruntled loyal customers Sad
The ability to contact PlusNet electronically in writing, especially with regard account queries, is a must. Live chat is not a replacement for a carefully crafted message and reply. Perhaps the chat will work for some, but unless it's to be manned 24x7, it's not going to replace the ticketing system.
Moreover, the chat - when it is actually online - will only be manned by first line support. What happens when I need a response from 3rd line? I remember the plusnet emails that said "we're investing in our staff training, because there's nothing worse than contacting Support, only to find out they know less than you do". This means our pricing has to rise". I thought that was brilliantly revolutionary - pay for the service you expect. Brilliant.
Come on, PlusNet - stop kicking your customers, and stop slamming the door in our faces.

Yup - add mine too.. I switched away from PlusNet 12 months ago (to BT to get a shiny YouView box) after many years of good service. During that time I had an issue with my line needing to be reached and Openreach royally screwing it up. The question/ticket system was essential for enabling communication to resolve that.
I'm currently in the process of switching back to PlusNet and am wondering what the hell happened in 12 months. I used the chat once - and the operator couldn't solve the issue so asked me to call in - so 30 mins+ of hanging on the phone.
I'm now in the same situation - I need to provide some detailed info that online chat won't cope with. So I'm sat in the hold system waiting to speak to someone... On the upside, it gives me the time to browse the forums and see how many others are sharing my woes.  Undecided

Anotherone
Champion

The Ticket system is still there for a limited number of issues.  Follow the link in my sig.
avisoft
Grafter

This is a ridiculous situation. There MUST be an easy way to ask questions on tickets, and to have them logged.
I do not want to phone.
I get an unhelpful message from Chat saying 'Chat key cookie does not match visitor chat key' so I cannot use that.
The current Help Asistant only lets you ask questions on a very limited range of subjects.
Surely tickets are the best way to handle non-urgent problems for both sides?
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: avisoft
... . There MUST be an easy way to ask questions on tickets, and to have them logged.
I do not want to phone.
I get an unhelpful message from Chat saying 'Chat key cookie does not match visitor chat key' so I cannot use that.
The current Help Asistant only lets you ask questions on a very limited range of subjects.
Surely tickets are the best way to handle non-urgent problems for both sides?

Try this I have a question about something not listed which will enable you to open a ticket and be able to see it logged in the usual manner.  I've just used it to open a ticket and had an immediate email response acknowledging the ticket and can read it at the included link.
What the outcome will be remains to be seen and if it doesn't get me the required information I'll probably end up requesting it via the forum.  Wink
EDIT:
As I'd half expected, I've now received a reply suggesting I use 'Plusnet Chat'.  Well no thanks, I won't be wasting any time on that, and it's highly unlikely I would do so in the future.
avisoft
Grafter

Thanks for that link, RobPM. It at least enabled me to raise a ticket - although it seems the first message text is ignored and you have to enter it again (which I am sure I have experienced before!). We will see what happens!
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PlusNet please reinstate Tickets Support the way they were, and put back 24/7 phone support.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This poll clearly shows what users want (in fact need) but sadly (these days) though plusnet might hear what user's are saying they are not acting upon our requests.  Phones need to be answered more quickly, the reduction of support hours does not seem to have improved phone answering times as it was claimed it would.  The restricted hours chat service cannot meet the user demand and does not cover the full spectrum of user issues, thereby placing more issues which would have been addressed by tickets onto the phones.
Fixing the sources of problems and enabling (rather than disabling) routes to support is what is required here.  I know plusnet is listening, but will they act?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

I hate to say this, Kevin, but the answer to your question is a resounding 'NO'. Fortunately (fingers firmly crossed), I am reasonably competent when it comes to fixing problems - and if I can't solve them, I usually know someone who can.  However, reading these increasingly depressing forums is concerning me - all the knowledgable CRT seem to have disappeared, and those remaining seem to have been 'knobbled' and forced into repeating the untruth to PN still cares about its' customers. It appears that someone in the BT Group hierarchy wants to destroy PN.
John
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I don't think it's that they want to destroy Plusnet. I think all the managements sole focus of attention is matching the deals of other ISPs (predominantly TalkTalk). If increasing ludicrous offers are being made and profiles are still to be returned to the BT Group the only way to do that is by cutting costs and the biggest cost is bums on seats. What they don't see is that a race to the bottom will mean loss of reputation and could ultimately mean they start losing customers.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)