Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointing

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Disappointing

As I said, you didn't give them enough time. If you hadn't noticed there's been a lot of bad weather this summer which has put a lot of extra demands on OpenRetch's engineers.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
joncooper
Grafter

tbf, 2 months should be plenty of time, and while all the above is NOT plus.net's fault it IS their responsibility - they should be far more pro-active in pushing Openreach

I am quite concerned reading the forums recently, My exchange will (hopefully) be upgraded for FTTP before xmas and I came here to get some idea of how installations are going these days - from what I read here many turn into an ongoing nightmare, with some people having no connection at all for weeks on end
The one-sided £50 fine bothers me too, fair enough, if I waste their time I should pay, but equally, if they waste my time then they should pay - if Openreach had to cough up £50 for every missed appointment you can bet they'd get their act together real quick
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Unfortunatley, I think if Openreach had to compensate £50 every time they failed to turn up the actual result would be higher charges to ISPs (and hence us, the end customers) rather than improved performance.  They need a real shake-up at the highest level, ideally by having their monopoly removed and allowing other competent companies to work on what was, after all, originally the state-owned GPO network.  It's not as if BTO don't use sub-contractors themselves so it's not just their own direct employees who are qualified to work on the network.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
joncooper
Grafter

you're right about them using subcontractors, I just drove past my local CAB and saw 2x vans full of non-openreach guys doing something to them
w23
Pro

Probably stealing the copper cable!!!  Cheesy
[Edit]  I see quite a few vans around here with BTOpenreach graphics but marked on the van is 'Something or other Working on behalf of Openreach' or similar wording.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yep, a few of those about.
dingus21
Dabbler

Quote from: Anotherone
Nobody said that this level of service was acceptable, it clearly isn't, but yet again you refuse to accept the fact that this is not Plusnet's fault and they aren't hiding behind anything and using it as an excuse. Just look around the Internet, other providers are experiencing the same problems.
And Plusnet can't "confirm" anything if they aren't given the information by BTw or Openretch.
As jelv has already said, even going to court you wouldn't get anywhere because you aren't being reasonable.
You wouldn't have so readily got a full refund from other providers.
If you want to do something constructive, complain to OFCOM about Openreach and BTwholesale - don't be fobbed off by "complain to your ISP/CP" tell them bluntly to log your complaint and act like a regulator not a taxpayers' money wasting quango!
That would be far better that just bitching on here which will get you nowhere now. Enjoy your 3G.

1.Cant complain to OFCOM unless I go through p/net complaints. Can't access complaints as no longer able to log in.
2. Tried to contact open reach but won't deal direct - have to go through a phone provider
3. Tried to speak to BT faults but won't deal with me as I don't have a phone number.
So there you have it. Please don't suggest I give Plusnet another £70.00 just so they can repeat the fiasco that has been going on for almost two months. Thanks, Mike.
PS Plusnet should be ashamed of themselves judging by some of the posts on this forum. Do the people who give Plusnet all these awards have access?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: 1) Then your weren't persistent enough and probably presented your argument poorly in the same unreasonable manner as you have posted here.
Re: PS. Plusnet have around half a million of customers of which I'm certain most of them are satisfied and not had these sorts of problems.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

stealing the copper cable
May be they think it's a quick way to get Fibre Crazy Roll_eyes
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
dingus21
Dabbler

Just ordered the new iPad with 4g. Saw a demo and 4g is very rapid. Don't need broadband now. Funny how things have a way of working out. So goodbye all and if any of the trolls want to post anymore of their boring comments - don't bother as I won't be back
PS memo to the trolls ; "Empty vessels make most sound"
Thanks,  Mike.  Cheesy
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Dingus21 gone or not, it looks like 4G is going to be somewhat    expensive. Good luck though to him. 
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

..........and good riddance Wink
w23
Pro

Troll:  (Noun) one who doesn't agree with the OP.  Tongue Lips_are_sealed Roll_eyes
Call me 'w23'
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

With that succinct comment I think this thread has served its purpose - locked