Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointing

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Disappointing

It is not their fault that Openreach and BTw have not done the job properly, and they will pursue it and put things right if you let them. It seems you don't listen to the facts!
dingus21
Dabbler

Quote from: Anotherone
For a start, you would get all your money back, clearly who you spoke to was not experienced enough.
However, you have been told at least once that Openreach are responsible for dealing with the cabling/connection side of things to the exchange NO MATTER who the provider is. So you will still encounter the same issue whoever you go to. Cancelling will only get your service delayed longer and give you more stress, never mind the hassle of getting sorted with another provider.
Secondly, Plusnet are an independently operated company. They may be owned by BT but that is irrelevant. OFCOM regulations require them to be treated by Openreach and BTwholesale just like any other ISP or CP.
Plusnet do make mistakes occasionally, but usually go to great lengths to put things right.
I suggest you read this lot http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108547.msg927471.html#msg927471
. They have had plenty of time to "put things right" and I am aware of the situation regarding BT Open Reach. However I will not accept this standard of service. Sufficent to say that if more people refused to accept poor service then it will eventually improve. I have managed wit a 3G connection on an I phone for eighteen months and will continue to do that.
Thanks, Mike.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You might of thought you'd given plenty of time, but with installations taking 5 or 6 weeks in some areas, OpenRetch being forced to put in a process to handle fake "no access" reports by their engineers who are struggling to get round thei..., and complex situations always taking them multiple attempts yours hasn't actually been as long as it could take. If Plusnet tell you that you'd get a full refund if they fail I'd be inclined to give them a chance to beat OpenRetch in to submission.
Also, if BT are going to charge Plusnet I very much doubt Plusnet will give you a full refund if you haven't given them a full opportunity to try to put things right. If you took it to court I'd suggest it would need to have been going on for at least three months for you to have any chance of succeeding with your claim.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dingus21
Dabbler

You may be willing to accept this level of service, I am not. Have managed with a 3G connection on an I phone for eighteen months so will continue with that. Perhaps if more people refused to accept Plus nets appalling level of service they would improve.
I am aware of the situation with Open Reach. It appears to be a convenient excuse for Plus net to hide behind. Whatever you may say some one at Plus net failed to confirm that the originally problem ie. wrong exchange, had been alleviated.
Thanks, Mike.
J
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to read about the disappointing experience you've had and that you've now cancelled.
I'm unsure as to why a full refund hasn't been given so far, however as a refund has already been carried out for part of the invoice where the install fee was taken this means we'll now need to send a refund via cheque. I'm sorry if this is less convenient but we'll ensure this reaches you as quickly as possible.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dingus21
Dabbler

Just had an email saying I will be refunded the full amount I paid initially. Thanks to Plusnet for that - a pity they couldn't get it right the first time though?
Thanks, Mike.
Anotherone
Champion

Nobody said that this level of service was acceptable, it clearly isn't, but yet again you refuse to accept the fact that this is not Plusnet's fault and they aren't hiding behind anything and using it as an excuse. Just look around the Internet, other providers are experiencing the same problems.
And Plusnet can't "confirm" anything if they aren't given the information by BTw or Openretch.
As jelv has already said, even going to court you wouldn't get anywhere because you aren't being reasonable.
You wouldn't have so readily got a full refund from other providers.
If you want to do something constructive, complain to OFCOM about Openreach and BTwholesale - don't be fobbed off by "complain to your ISP/CP" tell them bluntly to log your complaint and act like a regulator not a taxpayers' money wasting quango!
That would be far better that just bitching on here which will get you nowhere now. Enjoy your 3G.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That email was triggered by myself, in absolute honesty I don't believe anyone deliberately failed to refund the full amount, it appears more likely that the situation was misinterpreted so for that I'm sorry and want to reassure that some feedback has been passed on.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dingus21
Dabbler

In reply to "bright sparks " last post; If he knows so much about this business he should know that I can't complain directly about Open  Reach etc. as I am not dealing with them directly. The legal expression is "first in line" and in this case Plus net are first in line. I complained to them the after the first attempt to connect me and absolutey nothing was done about the problem.
With regard to the remainder of the post I won't waste my time commenting.
Thanks and goodbye to to all those who have contributed positively to this thread.  Smiley
PS Forgot to add that I would be happy to give Plusnet another opportunity to do the installation but they would only get paid once they complete the job! I won't hold my breath.
Anotherone
Champion

Oh yes you can complain about OpenReach to OFCOM and suggesting you do so is a positive contribution. I suggest you also write to the Secretary for State about Openreach and Btw's monopoly and OFCOM's ineffectiveness. The trouble is wingers like you won't actually do that which is the only thing that's likely to get the situation to change, although the way this government operates, that's open to debate.
dingus21
Dabbler

Wow you really are a happy chap!
Dick:quote
Anotherone
Champion

Yep, at least as happy as you by the sound of it  Grin
dingus21
Dabbler

Decided to complain to OFCOM but first have to go through Plus - nets complaints procedure. However I am unable log into the Plus-net site as my account is closed. I have now sent a letter to the Guardian consumer affairs section in the hope they can resolve this situation.
Thanks, Mike b
PS will also be contacting local Trading Standards and BBC Watchdog. My offer of another attempt by Plus-net is still open but will only pay them after installation/broadband is connected. 
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Resolve what situation?
You decided to cancel before giving Plusnet adequate time to rectify the situation and in spite of that you're being given a full refund!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dingus21
Dabbler

Quote from: jelv
Resolve what situation?
You decided to cancel before giving Plusnet adequate time to rectify the situation and in spite of that you're being given a full refund!

From the date of the order Plus-net have had almost two months to fix this! This was their second attempt to do the installation.