cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

takepartinresearch

riccardob
Grafter

takepartinresearch

Hi I've had an email from a company called take part in research. they say they are conducting research on behalf of plusnet. is this genuine or a scam?
thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Blake
Grafter

Re: takepartinresearch

Don't think it is legitimate.. Shocked
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi riccardob,
Definitely not us.
Would you mind PM'ing me a copy paste job or maybe a screenshot of the email? I'm wondering if it's similar to this trick.
Matty

Sorry. It is us. See my comment below.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
glocal
Rising Star

I got that too. The email also states:
If you have any queries about the research, please contact link:csa removed
Michael
adie:orange removed email address and name of staff.
glocal
Rising Star

And link:csa removed just confirmed to me this is genuine.
adie:orange removed email address and name of staff.
riccardob
Grafter

I want to copy the msg here so that other users can be alerted to it, to be honest if plusnet know about this scam or other tricks then they should have some proper communication on their website that these scams are going on.
"Plusnet invites you to take part in research!
Plusnet is always looking for ways to improve its services to its customers, so that it can continue to lead the market for customer satisfaction.* To make sure its customers keep on getting this award-winning service, it has commissioned Basis, a leading research consultancy, to conduct a piece of research – and it wants to give you the opportunity, as a Plusnet customer, to share your views and opinions with them.
We are Take Part in Research (who are working with Plusnet and Basis to co-ordinate the research) and we’d like to invite you to a paid market research event to gather valuable feedback from Plusnet customers.
This research will help to establish the future development of Plusnet services, and you’ll have the opportunity to provide input towards the final outcome and help Plusnet gain essential insight into its customers’ preferences.
We’re inviting you take part in a 2 hour group discussion, conducted by our independent research consultancy, Basis.
The discussion will take place in Manchester city centre on the 30th July 2015 at either 17.30pm or 19.45pm. As a thank you for your time and your opinions we’d like to offer you £50.
If you feel you’d be able to provide feedback to Plusnet please follow the link below:
link:csa removed
A member of the team from Take Part in Research will then give you a quick call with some more information and to hopefully get you booked into the group discussion.
We’d like to reassure you that everything you say, as well as your identity, will remain strictly anonymous according to the Market Research Society Code of Conduct.  Your name will not be disclosed if you don’t explicitly agree for it to be, and neither will any information that could identify you.
If you have any queries about the research, please contact link:csa removed

Thank you for taking the time to read this email and we hope to hear from you soon.
Many thanks
Andrew Folkes
Take Part in Research

* GfK Consumer Attitudes Tracker April 2015. Customers surveyed for "
adie:orange removed url and pn staff name.
glocal
Rising Star

Except it's not a scam, as confirmed by the PN employee above.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi guys,
Allow me to apologise here, but the emails are in fact legitimate. I am in the process of making a new thread with a little bit more information, and I will ask a mod to sticky it in this sub-forum.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

mod:note
locked as there is a new announcement here regarding this.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'