Did you mean: 

"Sign in to a Wi-Fi network"

FIXED
chris10011
Hooked
Fixes: 1

"Sign in to a Wi-Fi network"

Hello,
Just had my router set up and I cannot connect to the WiFi, can't try ethernet because I havent got a device with ethernet.
The network comes up on my devices, on android when I connect it asks me to sign in to the network, and brings me to the router ip page where nothing relevant comes up. Even if I log in for advanced settings etc doesn't make a difference. Already tried on Windows, same exact issue. Already tried resetting router through advanced settings etc, no difference. I'm thinking it's probably an issue on plus nets end as a similar post that I saw having this issue was solved when plusnet did something on their end. Thank you for reading
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: "Sign in to a Wi-Fi network"

@chris10011 Welcome to the forums. Bit of a long shot here, because I can only guess what you are doing.

Have you been advised that your internet connection is 'live'? If so, on your phone and laptop, you need to go to your settings, and find the 'Wi-Fi' settings, click that and select your network and enter the Passphrase (Key) when prompted - exactly as printed on the card or sticker on your router.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@chris10011 

What do you mean by 'can't connect to the WiFi'? Do you mean that you can't connect devices to the hub or do you mean that you can't get on to the Internet?

When did you get the message that the service has gone live? If it was today then it might be up until midnight before it is fully activated.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

chris10011
Hooked

Well that's the problem, when I do that there Is a notification asking me to sign into the network, which links to the homepage of the router
jab1
Legend

Assuming your reply is to my post, a picture would be a help - I'm not aware of it doing that - providing of course your Plusnet connection is 'live'

John
chris10011
Hooked

Yep connecting to hub fine but no Internet, got the call that it should all be running, but you might be right that I have to wait till midnight
chris10011
Hooked

Midnight now and no Internet, same issue
chris10011
Hooked

Fix
And hour later and a hitting the pinhole reset in the router fixed it
jab1
Legend

Glad it is sorted, @chris10011 . I'm not surprised you had to do a reset, to be honest - trying to connect before all the cogs had meshed will have caused that.

John