Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

epson xp405 printer error

hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

epson xp405 printer error

just got message on my epson xp405 printer that it has a printer error and to turn it off and on again ,Ive done this a number of times to no avail  the manual states to contact epson support if this does not work
  Is there any information I can get regarding fault codes etc  to get my printer functioning    ,As having being in the appliance repair business for a number of years I know that if you can find the fault code you might have a chance to fix it
7 REPLIES 7
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: epson xp405 printer error

I found this site a few years back... when I couldn`t afford a replacement printer.....

might be able to find the answer on there.....

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Probably reached it's print-count limit (aka, the "death timer"), easy fix though as you can reset the counter and it'll continue to work as normal, did this on my Epson C46 years back when it decided to say it needed a service (went over it's 8300 count limit) and refused to operate, but using a tool called "SSC Service Utility", I reset the counter and it worked fine like nothing had happened, may not be the issue you have, but it is likely... Smiley
It died recently though, tries to print, but something's gotten mangled inside so, it's junk now...
hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

thanks for your suggestions Ive tried to use some of them but to no avail so Ive binned the printer and bought a new one which is a pity , I contacted epson was to push the ink carriage to the left then to the right if that did not work take it to their agent which would be a chargeable repair  (not cost effective),These items seem to be disposable today just like kettles and toasters went 30 years ago
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Personally I'd recommend ditching inkjet printers and buying a colour laser printer, they're faster and far more cost effective these days, and tend to be a little more repairable than inkjets... Smiley
rogerx1
Grafter

Fine for documents, but no good if you intend printing photos.
dick:quote
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Actually a lot of the more modern colour laser printers are exceeding the quality of inkjets in terms of photo quality, the "vaguely similar" colour printouts of even 10 years ago are a thing of the past as the resolution on them has dramatically improved... Smiley
gkite

I had this error message and found it was just a paper mis-alignment. Reset the paper, turn it on and it worked fine.