Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a VPN with technicolor TG589vac

mfran2002
Hooked

create a VPN with technicolor TG589vac

hi all,

I remotely manage a little LAN, i have there a router technicolor TG589vac

I need to create a VPN between me and that LAN and I thout to create a tunnel between me and the router, so that I will be "locally in that LAN"

someone can help me how to do?

thanks for your help

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: create a VPN with technicolor TG589vac

I'm pretty sure that the tg589 doesn't have vpn tunnel support. 

Does the LAN have a Windows or Linux server on it ? If so then you should be able to setup a VPN server on that which will allow you to get onto the LAN. You will, however, need to do some port forwarding on the tg589 to route vpn traffic to the server.

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mfran2002
Hooked

thanks misterW, I feared it...

I have only windows. Currently I can access all the pc via teamviewer but it's not the same.

your idea is good, but I have no pc to dedicate: the vpn server installed on the pc of a user disturb him?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

You may be able to setup a VPN server on a normal windows client machine https://www.howtogeek.com/135996/how-to-create-a-vpn-server-on-your-windows-computer-without-install... but I've only ever used a server for it. In theory it shouldn't affect the user of that machine. Alternatively are you able to change the router for one with Von tunnel support?

One other thing to be aware of, you will need to ensure that your own and the remote lan are on different private subnets.

Since both are likely to be defaulted to either 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.0.0 you are likely to have to change one of them, probably best to do your own

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.