cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless printer wont connect

kokoandkatniss2

Wireless printer wont connect

Hi all. New plusnet customer. We have a canon pixma mg3015 printer. It worked and connected immediately to previous routers, but this plusnet one, nope!
Everything else has connected automatically, both phones tv and laptops. Have followed the canon set up and pressed the do a on printer and on router. Nothing. Just flashes blue then stops.
Online chat via plusnet no help, blaming the printer.
Has anyone sorted this without getting too technical?
6 REPLIES 6
kokoandkatniss2

Re: Wireless printer wont connect

Not do...have pressed wps
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29
kokoandkatniss2

That's what I've been using!
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Welcome to the forums @kokoandkatniss2 

I don't have that printer myself, but have you tried to manually connect to your router - search for networks - select your SSID - run the install from there.

I used to find the WPS facility unreliable and have always turned this off for several years.

If you have tried this, the only other suggestion is to split the wifi (assuming you're using a Hub One?)

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@kokoandkatniss2 

If you go to the last page of this manual it will tell you how to reset the printer back to the factory settings, which according to this manual you need to do if you change your access point. You can then start the connection process again from scratch.   https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mg3150_pri...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

kokoandkatniss2

I have managed to solve it!
Using the canon ij set up online, I firstly connected the printer to laptop via sub. Installed all relevant drivers etc. Then unplugged and did set up again but wireless using the wps. Was still coming up offline. Checked laptop for devices connected and there were 2 canon printer files, one named copy one. Deleted the other and get least I wireless printing!