cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 update failing, is WSUS offline a good route to take?

FIXED
Routefinder
Grafter

Re: Windows 7 update failing, is WSUS offline a good route to take?

Hmmm!

I noticed that WUP did a check this evening i.e. I looked at the time it was running.......................but rather than now say todays date & time for the check it still says 12/12/16

Just seems odd???

Routefinder
Grafter

Well, for the record.

Returned from a few days away seeing the relatives over Xmas and the PC following bootup went into "Checking for Updates"

As noted above it completed the 'check' and none found but as above the dated of "last checked" is still saying 12/12/106

Any further insight and thoughts would be great Smiley

NB Is it possible to access the updates log file to see if there are any non obvious (in the GUI) errors messages about this lack of noted check dates?

Edit:-

I note form this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 that it now offers me a new "update assistant" version 9252.exe .  As I mentioned in a previous post I did download the v1607 ISO but as that is 'out of date' in regard to the most recently reported v1607 updates causing an issue then I either need to dl the whole ISO again or use the "assistant".

Or run the 1607 to install and let it run its own Win updates???

Edit 2:-

Looks like 'they' have removed links to dl the ISO directly as only the media creation tool comes up?

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Link for Windows 10 .iso.

Routefinder
Grafter

Smiley thanks ~ that looks familiar, no idea why I could not find it?

On a side note though Wup says no new updates my ESET Security detects Wupdates and gave me this dialogue this a little earlier.  Thinks? I will check each of the KB numbers to see what they are and maybe dl them individually???