cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connection issue with one particular device

Blackcat

Wifi connection issue with one particular device

Had a quick scan over similar issues, but none seem to be exactly the same, nor do the solutions seem to fix my problem, so any advice would be much appreciated, cheers.

Had plusnet for a few month now, and it has been fine. We got a new laptop about 6 weeks ago, and that has also been working fine on the wifi. However, last week our connection to the internet seemed to be either incredibly slow or not working at all. Since then I have identified that the issue seems to have something to do with the lap top. Whenever, it is "connected" the connection to the internet slows or cuts out for all devices in the house (phones, additional laptops etc.), and if I disconnect the laptop in question, connection returns for all of the other devices. This was not a problem until Tuesday just gone.

I've tried a ping test, and it's either slow 600-1700 ms, or times out, and this is the case in various locations in the house. I've had a fiddle flushing DNS on the lap top as well as changing preference between 2.4 and 5Ghz band. We have up to date antivirus and firewall, and have ran the antivirus scan which shows no issues. The last Windows update seems to be a few weeks before this issue (ie the problem doesn't look like it started from that).

Stuck with what to do. Anybody with any suggestions?
Thanks
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Blackcat

Re: Wifi connection issue with one particular device

Mods you can delete this if you like.
Turned out it was one drive hogging the data as it was syncing. Doh!

The joys of working from home