Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI-Calling smartphone - wanted

FIXED
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

WIFI-Calling smartphone - wanted

Looking for a cheap ( sub £40 if poss ) smartphone... that has WIFI Calling capability.

prefer Android, rather than Microsoft... or Apple .

Doesn`t have to be new/latest edition   preferably unlocked as will use existing THREE payg sim.

2nd hand is OK... so long as it`s in reasonably good condition, no cracked screen, dints, or similar damage.  has the charger, and battery holds a good charge..

Any and all suggestions gratefully received, and researched, with possibility of purchasing  asap via Ebay .

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: WIFI-Calling smartphone - wanted

Most recent Huawei or Honor Android phones support WiFi calling on Three.
Looks like an Honor 10 lite is in your price range.
I used to have a Honor 10 but Trumps sanctions in Huawei resulted Huawei selling the Honor brand and the end of of software security updates.
I also did not like Huaweis EMUI Android customisations but the phone worked well.
Regards
Richard
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

I should add that I found the Three WiFi audio quality was not the best.
This was not just on the Honor phone but also on a Samsung phone.
The audio quality of Wifi calling on Vodafone is much better.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Fix

Update..... I got one ! ... HUAWEI Y6 (2019)  on  Ebay  ( same seller as I got the earlier non - wifi - calling one ! ) . Cost me just under £60 but it`s in superb condition...  all boxed up, as new... unlocked... and WIFI CALING is automatically set.

Because I have two PAYG networks.... .. ASDA   and  THREE.. I used their "compatible with" listings of phones, and found the the Y6 was the ideal one to get, ... Lowest price on Ebay... and stated to run WIFI CALLING on both Networks...