cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W7 Arrived this morning

God
Grafter

Re: W7 Arrived this morning

Click the highlighted area (see piccy) to get the browsing option. To remove password go to control panel, user accounts, select your account and select remove password.
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Ah, thanks for the desktop answer, I'd missed that.
I don't want to remove the password (I think thats required to run scheduled tasks) I just want to bypass it at startup. But I'v now found what I was looking for, type in "control userpasswords2" in the run box and untick the box on the users panel - it's the same in Win 7 as XP.
Once you get past the 'pretty interface' its supprising how similar W7 is to XP, Microsoft don't seem to have put in much work under the bonnet, just a re-spray job  Smiley - they won't like me for saying that
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I did all that several times and it didn't work but then tried again and this time it worked - most odd  Crazy
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: paulgul
can't get rid of those pesky shortcut arrows on the desktop icons (is there a win7 version of Tweak ui yet?).

If anyone else has an adversion for these shortcut arrows this program here work on Win 7
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,64901-order,1-page,1/description.html
Paul
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Oldjim
I did all that several times and it didn't work but then tried again and this time it worked - most odd  Crazy
and now it doesn't work again  Crazy
So I gave up and just moved the folder into the default background folder location