cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless

gilly191956

Useless

Just switched to Plusnet and immediately regret it, so slow, videos stop, pics take ages to open and generally useless

be patient? It’ll take 10 days to settle down??? I’ve never had that from other providers.

this is terrible.

not happy at all, I’ll give you the 10 days but if it doesn’t improve massively I’ll be asking for my money back and go elsewhere

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

Re: Useless

@gilly191956 does the problem affect both wired (ethernet) and wireless devices ? or is it just wireless ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 516

@gilly191956 

You are aware of the 14 days cooling off period? It starts from the date you placed the order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Can't say we've ever really had many problems with PN if i'm honest except in the early years of us joining - p2p speeds were painful!!

But these days no problems really. TV connects to the web well and never loses signal, PC upstairs can be a bit slow (one procesor core lol) but the larger one with 8 cores (connected to the smaller one for its wifi sharing) never has any problems.

We did have a defective HubOne router years ago though - the wifi hardware in it was defective and kept playing up causing it to reboot etc. PN didn't seem to believe this originally until one of their more technically minded experts got involved - sent it back and he confirmed the fault. Since then no hassles.

But I should stress this depends on the level of service you've had elsewhere - if you came from an ISP with a trillion bits speed for example, PN might seem slower in comparison. I'm not a heavy user and neither is my partner and we both (like many) use the web throughout the day. I don't do much downloading other than the TV streaming Youtube. Like I said, perspective. 

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 24

@gilly191956 I can certainly look into the slow speeds you're getting. Can you confirm if this is happening when you're using an ethernet cable or just WIFI?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Hiya @gilly191956

I tried to call you, but there was no answer and I'm sorry if it was at a bad time. Can you let us know the above information or a time to call you and we will pick this up. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team