cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to Hub one

fishie16

Unable to login to Hub one

Hi guys,

I have been given a hub one router to use as an access point. Supposed to be working, but I’m unable to login to the router.

I have done a factory reset, and tried several browsers (with cleared cache) but all I’m getting is 192.168.1.254 is unreachable. 
I’m not getting a default gateway listed in cmd prompt, so have tried several ethernet cables, which I've plugged into all four ports. 

Wireless is off on the laptop, and Ive got the solid orange bar and flashing orange b.

Any suggestions would be welcome before I consign it to the bin. 

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Unable to login to Hub one

@fishie16 

Presumably your computer has no other connections to the Internet? Are you normally using a Plusnet or BT hub that uses the 192.168.1.xxx range of IP addresses? If not try opening the cmd window and type:

ipconfig /release <return>

followed by

ipconfig /renew <return> 

and see if that helps.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

fishie16

Yes we use a hub one for our conection, to the internet. We have 2 desktops via Ethernet and 1 laptop and 2 ipads via wifi.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@fishie16 

When you factory reset the hub did you keep the switch closed for about 30 seconds?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

fishie16

I had to hold it in for quite a while before i got a response. I've had a couple if goes at it, but will try again when i get home, and hold it in for longer. Will let you know either way, thanks for the suggestions.