Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamviewer (remote assist app) no longer working

markv
Rising Star

Re: Teamviewer (remote assist app) no longer working

Hi dvorak,

No, safeguarding/safe surf is switched OFF.

Brgds,

Mark

frank121
Dabbler

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply and update! I am using my own router and the auto DNS gives 212.159.6.9 and 6.10. The DNS listed on my account settings are 212.159.13.49 & 13.50 and both set's don't enable team viewer to work.

Interesting that the Vigor 2762 is working as I guess it must be using the auto DNS.

Anyway, I will probably give plusnet a bell and see if they can solve it. As I have a workaround it's a not a issue but I am just curious as to what's blocking it.

Thanks again! Have a great new year. Smiley

Frank

PENGALLY

I have exactly this same problem -- after fussing with TV itself then PC Internet/Network Firewall settings I still see this

'Not ready. Please check your connection ...'

It dawned on me too late that as my phone and laptop using the wifi had the same issues that of course it is not the PC setup rather the PlusNet router set up.

(I am visiting my family from Canada and didn't buy SIM  card this time so noticed I had lost functionality with TV.  But a year ago and further back tv did work off the family PC) and from my wifi connected phone.  So has there been a change in the hardware? 

So my question is: are there any setting on the Plusnet router that would block TV that could be reset to allow TV through?

Specific ports it needs:  port 5938 TCP-UPD

Any suggestions welcome as I am completely shut out of my office - unexpectedly.

Pengally

frank121
Dabbler

Hi Pengally,

Is this for team viewer or something else? I'd suggest that you change your DNS settings on the PC (or whatever device is having this issue) to: 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8.

It's normally the PlusNet DNS that's blocking TeamViewer. If it still doesn’t work, it could be that the required ports are blocked on the router itself. However, I am not familiar with the PlusNet router, you would need to did in it's settings specifically at the port/firewall settings.

Frank

markv
Rising Star

Hi @PENGALLY 

If TV is saying Not ready, that suggests it can't even connect with TV HQ, so there is no chance of connecting to anything until that is resolved

(AIUI, all TV clients talk to a central TV server to get routing information, but then connect genuinly peer-to-peer.)

Can you ping or tracert to master9.teamviewer.com (or master1-6)?

Can you tryconnecing to a wifi hotspot from a friends 3G/4G phone (obviously with the phone using the mobile network, not using the problematic wifi!)?

Mark