I've been trying to get to the bottom of an issue with my mums smart TV & Plusnet internet.
About 3-4 months ago an issue occurred where half of the apps were now missing. It transpires it is the UK based apps which are missing, namely iPlayer, ITV Hub, 4OD whereas the worldwide apps like Netflix and Youtube are still there.
Solutions I've tried include:
- I've updated the TV to the latest firmware version.
- I've tried the TV connected to my phone hotspot for which all the apps are available but then disappear when reconnected to the wifi.
- I've tried connecting the TV via an ethernet cable but doesn't make a difference.
- I've factory reset the router many times & checked that it is given a UK IP address.
- I've also factory reset the TV.
- I've connected the TV using the express wifi method.
- I've connected the TV using the expert wifi method & set the DNS & secondary DNS to the google ones to see if this made a difference but it doesn't.
If anyone has any suggestions to try and fix this it would be much appreciated.
Fixed! Go to the fix.
This sounds like your TV is using an out of date DNS data base that thinks that your IP address is not based in the UK.
Try switching the hub off for a few hours or even overnight to see if it will pick up a different address.
Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it, help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'