cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV

Patroy1948
Hooked

Smart TV

Hi would somebody be able to point me in the right direction to find an answer please.  I bought a Smart tv purely for being able to connect to the internet, tv working fine but when I tried to connect to the internet, got all the way through the set up, asked for my password which I put in from my Plusnet account and it said "access denied".  Anybody able to talk me through this please as I cannot get through to the online chat.  Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
AarronkMc

Re: Smart TV

Hi @Patroy1948

Are you trying to connect your TV to the Plusnet router using WIFI? If thats the case the password you want to be entering is not your Plusnet account password but instead your WIFI password.located on the sticker on your router.

Patroy1948
Hooked

Sorry I did not make myself clear (old age), I used the password that is on the router and that is when it told me to go away as "access was denied"

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Check that you are typing the Correct wifi router password  in to your TV.  ie Capitals and lower case etc. Ensure password is for same for 2.5GHz or 5GHz band on your router. Perhaps someone has changed it or your confused with the 0 and O  1 and I etc. Check it in your Router settings.

Patroy1948
Hooked

thank you, tried again and double checked what I was typing and it still says the same thing

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Only thing I can suggest is reboot the router and try again, or  enter the router settings and change the wifi password to something else, 

Patroy1948
Hooked

thanks, will try that

AarronkMc

If your TV supports it, it may be worth trying to use the WPS feature of your router. You generally do this by pressing the WPS button on the side of your router and then selecting the WPS option on your TV. This should save you having to type in any password.

Patroy1948
Hooked

thanks, will have a look at that as well

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

There are two passwords on the Router. You are using the Wifi and not the admin one?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'