Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared printer issue

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Shared printer issue

I'm hoping for some help with this.

Until recently I have been easily able to print from my Win 10 laptop to a HP Deskjet 1510 which is connected by USB  to a Windows 10 desktop. However, today I am not able to do so. The printer was showing up on the laptop but said it needed a driver update to be delivered by the desktop but I was not able to get that to work as it constantly errored. ( 0x0000007c) 

I tried to delete and add the printer but the driver issue still prevents me doing so.

I wondered if a recent change had caused this so did a restore to a restore point from last week but that made things worse, so I backed that out too. So I'm back to square one and can't add the printer, and have probably messed up a lot of other stuff with the system restore.

Not sure where to go now, or if the issue is with the desktop/ printer or the laptop.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Shared printer issue

@the_groundsman 

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the HP driver with a freshly downloaded one. I note that this hasn’t been changed since 2015.  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-1510-all-in-one-printer-series/5157551/m... but your current copy might have got corrupted.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Shared printer issue

Afraid so - no luck unfortunately