cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up ATA after Porting out Phone Number

apwood
Dabbler

Re: Unable to port landline number after signing up to Full Fibre

@TobyDSC Thanks - I never even thought of using 141 for that purpose - good idea!

apwood
Dabbler

@Baldrick1 

Yes thanks, I have read through the thread. I'm aware of the suggestion to use an ATA to (hopefully) power my call blocker - but as someone pointed out that defeats the purpose of my Gigaset Go Box 100 and it might not even work. Then there's the idea of using freepbx - but that's not going to be very user friendly as me and my partner get older. Neither would I want to divert to my mobile and block on there because (1) often people say they can't hear me correctly on my mobile and (2) my mobile then becomes a single point of failure.

I'm hoping someone can confirm and option that has actually worked for them.

Am I correct that I'd get nuisance calls on my ported landline number once it is on VOIP just the same as if I never ported it and turned off my call blocker?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

I use an ATA with my existing DECT phones that have a built in call-blocker and all works just as well as when it was on the PSTN.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

That was the point that I was trying to make.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

apwood
Dabbler

Thanks that's encouraging about the ATA but because my call blocker is a separate device it's possible the ATA might not power it?
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@apwood 

That's correct, it depends on the REN number of the call blocker. those powered by loading the telephone line can be quite problematical and need more power than available from the ATA. That's why a cordless phone with an in built blocker is recommended, these are mains powered. The BT Call Guardian phones work better anyway, they automatically screen calls, removing automatically dialled calls without you knowing that they are calling you..

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

apwood
Dabbler

@Baldrick1 #

Thanks so that's a likely solution if I do get problems with nuisance calls.

Really frustrating (and crazy) that I might have to bin my voip phone and replace it with an analogue phone + ATA in order to get comprehensive call blocking for my VOIP service! Seems like the industry needs to get its act together given the analogue switch off coming up soon. 🙂

marockyster

You can download the device configuration into a backup file and upload it when  needed, its in advanced settings tab.