Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redo

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Redo

Has anyone used redo backup and restore to to copy  dual boot system, linux & windows.
I ask because the program has not been updated since november 2012 and the posts in several forums regarding that question are not that clear.
Sure I could have a go but don't want to mess up a system that works ok.
Thanks
We are born into history and history is born into us.
2 REPLIES 2
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Redo

Redo doesn't need Windows. Download and burn the ISO, place it in your CD-ROM drive, and reboot your machine.
The system will load a complete mini operating system with a point-and-click user interface into your computer's memory, without writing any information to your hard drive.
Then you will be able to perform backup, restore and recovery actions—guaranteed—even if you aren't able to boot into your regular operating system.
Redo Backup and Recovery is a GPLv3 Perl script built with a GTK2+ interface designed in Glade.
It is simply a front end to partclone, which performs the actual backup and restore.
The live CD is built on Ubuntu to provide a graphical user interface and unmodified binaries of each program,
but the script will run on any Linux platform that has the required programs installed. The Perl source code for the backup script is contained on the live CD itself

So redo is just a script which runs a GUI which runs the backup.
So updates are likely to be rare.  Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Redo

Thanks,
That leaves me a bit wiser regarding the lack of a need for it to be updated but it would be useful to hear from anybody who has used it to copy and then restore a dual boot system.
We are born into history and history is born into us.