Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapport - Trusteer

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rapport - Trusteer

You could also point the finger at software vendors for the continued use of the registry. The Registry as we know is used to store not only Windows setting but application settings as well. So if a software company uses the registry to store its config details then it should be down to the software’s uninstaller to remove the registry entries when the software is uninstalled, but as we know this isn’t always what happens.

Even better would be to not use a registry at all in the same manner as other OS's and store application specific details in the same install dir as the application in either a proprietary config file format, an ini file or a JSON file for example. This would allow the software to be ‘uninstalled’ simply by deleting the install dir.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Luzern  I agree.... hence my use of only "Free" stuff...  ! ..  to me..... clearing the odd bits left in the registry, is like cleaning the ashes after a fire.  Keeps a tidy house, so to speak.

adrianscotter
Pro
Fixes: 2

I never put anything in the registry for anything I write, always an ini file in the application folder for me Smiley

Live long and prosper!
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@adrianscotter  Clever clogs   ! ! ! ..Cheesy .. most people just use the standard "installer" provided with the software they want to use....  simples !  Huh

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

For larger projects, you could put your .ini file (or sub-directory) in the application directory with system-wide settings and

for user specific settings, include another .ini sub-directory or file in each users main directory.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

adrianscotter
Pro
Fixes: 2

@VileReynard wrote:

For larger projects, you could put your .ini file (or sub-directory) in the application directory with system-wide settings and

for user specific settings, include another .ini sub-directory or file in each users main directory.

Or... I could just put it in the same folder, now that’s simples 🙄

Live long and prosper!
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I give up.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Rapport is junk imho.

However I seem to recall hearing somewhere that if you are a victim of online bank fraud and then choose to not install Rapport that should you become a victim for a second time that the banks will not refund your money.

Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.