cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet new user

Matt_Hirst

Plusnet new user

Just signed up for a new account with plusnet (had it previously but moved away due to a lack of help when I needed it). Anyway wondering about ensuring I have good coverage at home, current issue I have is max speed I can get is around 31meg FTTC and with two daughters streaming movies, IPADs, Iphones etc and my pc we currently have an issue with stuttering etc (can't use a separate router or rather Netgear 7800 wont play nicely with their modem/router).  Have a mix of wired (cat 6) and wireless devices.

I've got a set of homeplugs to handle the wifi around the house (Devolo Magic 2 wifi) just wondering about a better router with QOS or such like to handle all the connections - what would people recommend?  When I was previously with Plusnet my Netgear router handled streaming and everything just fine am just wondering if there is anything newer or better to handle the QOS or will it be just connect the netgear to the plusnet modem when it arrives and go from there.

What routers would you reccomend?

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Plusnet new user

@Matt_Hirst 

Don't know if you noticed this during sign-up but you now get a PlusNet HubTwo modem/router. This is basically a BT SmartHub2. I would wait until you're up and running to see how it goes before investing in extra equipment.

Brian

Matt_Hirst

Hi,

Yes I saw that, do you know if it offers QOS on it or not?

Matt

Matt_Hirst

Googled it no it doesn't have QOS.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Matt_Hirst 

If you set your Netgear router up as an Access Point then it will work with your Plusnet hub. Connect it to a LAN socket. See  https://kb.netgear.com/24104/How-do-I-change-my-Nighthawk-router-to-AP-mode-after-I-ve-already-run-s...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'