cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Router question: how to check what *wireless* devices are connected?

hawmead
Grafter

Plusnet Router question: how to check what *wireless* devices are connected?

Hello,
After logging on to the router and accessing "Home Network", it is now only showing "wired connections". I seem to remember that once you could see all attached devices, not just "wired".  How can this be done now? I want to block a certain user.
Thanks, Tim
4 REPLIES 4
hawmead
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Router question: how to check what *wireless* devices are connected?

I'm just need to know if the firmware has changed recently, or I'm simply looking in the wrong place.
Thanks, Tim
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Plusnet Router question: how to check what *wireless* devices are connected?

Which router do you have?
Have you looked at the advice here?
If it was a Hub One, then it should show Wireless connections there, no idea on the others though.
hawmead
Grafter

Thanks for your reply.
I'm using the Plusnet 2704n router.  Under 'Home Network', it is only showing those connected via Ethernet. There is no sign of any devices attached via wireless. This is odd because I know in the past I could see everyone that had ever connected to my router, not just those currently connected via ethernet. This information doesn't seem to be showing any more (see attachment)..
Is there some way I can locate this information?
Thanks, Tim
summers
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

On many routers you can configure DHCP for specifi mac address, e.g. so the printer always gets the same IP number. On such routers, probably an option just not to give an IP to a particular MAC address.
You could of course, just reset the wifi password, and only give it to people you want. Mac address is probably better though as that will work with wired connections as well.