Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Protect and all Add-Ons missing

FIXED
nedjohn
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Plusnet Protect and all Add-Ons missing

Hi, switched to PlusNet in January - no Plusnet Protect, only a message when clicking on Add-Ons that 'An Error Occurred - Unable to Complete'.  This on a Windows 10 PC.

PusNet migrated us to a new Account, but the problem is there too.  New account had a higher charge rate too, we discovered afterward - we pay more to get the problem not fixed.

No Add-Ons at all implies a more general problem than Plusnet Protect authorisation.

Anyone else encountered?  Anyone else seeing or not seeing Add-Ons?

Ticket live with PlusNet, but given the sledgehammer approach of a new account gives me low confidence of a fix.

thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Plusnet Protect and all Add-Ons missing

Hello @nedjohn and welcome to the forum. For many years I have had brilliant broadband from Plusnet, not one minute's downtime, but the same cannot be said of its website. Every renewal has been screwed up and it sounds as if the PN gremlins have hit your new account as well. The long-suffering staff will sort this out for you once you have reached them by phone, which we all know can be tedious.

As to add-ons, it seems to take quite a while for PN account renewal/changes to appear on your account. I have the 40/10 FTTC package and my add-on offer contains Plusnet Protect at £2/month and Static IP at £5 one-off.

Now PN Protect is simply Norton AV, which I ditched many years ago because of pestering to upgrade and renewal demands long before they were due. As you run W10 like myself, why not use Windows Defender which is free? WD has come a long way since its inception and independent reviews place it right up with the best performers. Since I ditched Kaspersky due to its Russian connections a couple of years ago WD and its automatic updates has performed faultlessly. Why pay for AV when you can have an arguably better one for free? Usual disclaimer: I hold no brief for any of them.

Mike

nedjohn
Hooked

thank you @Longliner for your insight.

I have a Live Ticket with PN for Add-Ons missing.  I am ex-BT, so also used to the bells and whistles not being,

I have Windows Defender on, but would like the opportunity to say no to Norton, as it is bundled.  There are some features that I'd like to see: cloud storage, password manager.

I'm guessing you can see your Add-Ons in the Member Centre then.  It is possible everyone lost Add-Ons, or it might be just me.  PN not sure yet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @nedjohn

Sorry for what you've gone through. Sad

We have an incident logged (our ref: IMT-8269) for this issue. Seems to be affecting a small number of accounts, which we're working to fix as soon as possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nedjohn
Hooked

thank you @Gandalf 

I understood from Joseph Allen, Support that it is probably bigger than me, as he was impacted indirectly.

I'll wait, and avoid clicking on suspicious links for a while.

regards

Darrell

nedjohn
Hooked

Fix

For reference, the missing Add-Ons, including PlusNet Protect, now appear on my account.

Issue resolved