cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One

Timalay
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Hub One

Wifi has never been that bad in my house.  So it's never really been a problem.  Would have nice if my laptop I use in my bedroom could use it.  May look for a cheap dual band usb adaptor.
freestyling

Does anyone elses Hub One make a noise upon upstream/downstream activity? Like hard-drive-working sort of noise?
Hi, I've got a Sagemcom Plusnet Hub One which makes whistle-y/scratch-y/sounds-like-a-hard-drive-working noises  >:(. I phoned and was sent a replacement and this one does the very same thing. It's significant enough - even with talk radio on I can hear the router noise!  Roll_eyes
Please help?
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,114585.msg1302207.html#msg1302207
djwhittaker1970

Hello everyone
I see this thread has been going a long while, I recently have subscribed to plusent TV and have been pushed down the plusnet hub one which I wasn't keen on but my other router was not compatible with Youview.
I have totally fallen out with this router, no remote access am I correct ?
Any way the real gripe I have is port forwarding on this router I've never has so much trouble in life with a router say port conflict with a device you have just chosen er excuse me I've just hard reset your router to make sure there are no devices or port forward rules setup. But it still maintains I have set 1 up. There is no logic to it at all I've managed to setup loads of port forward rules then tried to add 1 more and its says conflict , conflict ? conflict with what I've made a list and I've not used that port before so what gives ? so I then delete that rule I tried to setup and  then its says there is still a conflict er hello I've just deleted the 1 you said conflicted.
Please can someone else agree with me or help me out of this or recommend a router that will work with plusnet TV that behaves normally with port forwarding rules.
many thanks hopefully
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

You can connect your old router into one of the spare ports of the new router - if that helps???

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

djwhittaker1970

Hi surely that would make things a little more complicated? I believe it's totally possible but I did have my old router setup as an access point and that seemed to stop plusnet tv from working, I swapped it out for a switch and hey presto plusnet tv started working .
Wouldn't I still get errors saying port forward conflicts? Or are you saying use my old router to do the port forwarding?
I rather a more permanent solution with a decent replacement I think
dick:quote
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

You could port forward everything except the TV to your old router (only one rule).
Then use the old router to do the port forwarding.
It would only involve swapping a couple of cables to see if its a viable solution.
Disable DHCP on the old router.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Timalay
Grafter

One thing I will say about the Hub One is the Smart Wireless works a lot better than the Automatic Channel selection on the Technicolor tg582n.
TheSanctuary
Dabbler

Hi,
Has anyone used a Plusnet Hub One as a bridge to an existing router?
I already have an Asus DSL-N55U which we'd like to carry-on using, because:
1) it can split the Wifi access into seperate Guest and Residents networks
2) we already have a lot of DHCP rules setup for specific MAC addresses
3) remote access routing
4) she-who-must-be-obeyed likes the time-based Parental Controls we have on all our children's computers, tablets, phones, etc
Any config notes would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

You may need to change the IP address range on one of the routers, but that what I have done as I get better performance from my Netgear router.
TheSanctuary
Dabbler

@Mustrum
"change the IP address range on one of the routers"
Is that all? Sounds much too easy!  Tongue
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

It is if you have the right kind of router, ie one with a WAN port. Alas from a very quick glance it appears your Asus is an ADSL only one, so it won't work.
If you like the way the Asus does things, upgrading to a VDSL Asus may be a good solution for you.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Can't things be set up using a LAN port on the Asus as a WAN?
TheSanctuary
Dabbler

Err, excuse my ignorance, is an ADSL port different to a WAN port? Both look like Ethernet ports to me.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yes, the ADSL port is different, it connects to the Modem. The LAN ports connect to the Router and the WAN port is normally the Internet side of the Router - not the Modem, and isn't normally accessible on a standard modem/router, but some modem/routers have a WAN port as well. It's also quite common to use a standard 2nd Router as a switch by using a LAN port as a WAN port and turning off DHCP on the 2nd router. But you want to use the DHCP on the 2nd router. I'm sure there's a way of setting this up, but it's not something I've done. There are some experts on this sort of thing around who'll hopefully come and advise.
Autopilot

The front LED on the Hub One seems excessively bright to me even on the low setting. The Home Hub 5 I used before was more subtle.
Anyone else find this?