Did you mean: 

Password

FIXED
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Password

Hi

Had a problem with a hacker, they got into one of my accounts luckily stopped it before it got serious. Changed my account password which changed my email password. Changed my webmail password but cannot find how to change my password on homepages.force9 any help would be appreciated.

22 REPLIES 22
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Password

Does the forgot password tool at hosting.plus.net help? Smiley
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mort7890
Pro

Hi @Gandalf 

Eventually found the forgot password and got e-mail link from Plusnet to reset did a reset then tried FTP got the following

*** START OF PUBLISH ***

Scanning publish folder...

Found 5 file(s).

Initializing FTP connection...

Checking host...

Host was successfully parsed.

Connecting to homepages.force9.net...

Using PASV mode.

Internet Exception Error 12014

Details:

The password was not allowed

Closing FTP connection...

Removing temporary files...

Publish failed!

*** END OF PUBLISH ***

Maybe I did not leave it long enough for it to be changed.

mort7890
Pro

Hi @Gandalf 

Sorry forgot also to mention that when searching help and support for this I got a couple of Oops page not found on the portal but did not make note of where, sorry.

mort7890
Pro

Hi @Gandalf 

Just tried again to publish and it shows the same error.

mort7890
Pro

Hi @Gandalf 

Tried again this morning and still the same error.

Jack

mort7890
Pro

Hi @Gandalf 

Just to let you know I tried again today to reset password using the password reset tool,

I think now there is a problem with that as I have not received an e-mail with the link to reset.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey Jack,

Sorry for the delayed response, I can see a password reset email was sent out on the back of: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_service_notice&id=424794684 although this would likely just be for the account password.

Have you tried the forgot password tool directly from: https://hosting.plus.net/portal/

Also what FTP client are you using to login/if you're not already can you try a different client or web browser?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mort7890
Pro

Hi @Gandalf 

No problems especially with technical problems.

I received https://hosting.plus.net/portal/api/passwordrequest?token=742cd790422590732f9b7125b9fe33ee0eb58a3700...

@09.58am followed onscreen instructions (attached) changed password tried and got

*** START OF PUBLISH ***

Scanning publish folder...

Found 5 file(s). Initializing FTP connection...Checking host...Host was successfully parsed.

Connecting to homepages.force9.net...Using PASV mode.Internet Exception Error 12014

Details:

The password was not allowed

Closing FTP connection...Removing temporary files...Publish failed!*** END OF PUBLISH ***

Left it for a little while then did the same again @11.33am again with the same results

Around 14.20 today I requested a forgot password and as yet had no link to follow.

I reverted back to my original password that I have had years and I connected to the FTP server

Jack

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Jack,
Thanks for the update.
I’ll aim to discuss this further with a colleague from our networks team tomorrow when I’m back in the office.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @mort7890 

Sorry for the delayed update, it looks like there was an issue with the forgot/change account password reset tool not automatically changing the password for webspace components.

We believe this was sorted on the 6th August, could you try changing your password Here letting me know if you're able to log in to the FTP server using that new password?

If you're unable to can you let me know and also try changing your webspace password via hosting.plus.net letting me know again how that goes?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mort7890
Pro

Hi @Gandalf 

Hi the link marked (Here) takes me to my account for password change and that has already been completed. The query I raised was for the web hosting password change.

First I went to web site settings, web space, error on page, picture attached, is this a second low priority technical fix issue along with the other reported portal one.

I then went to plusnet hosting and used forgot password. I did this last week when I first reported it and again yesterday, I am still awaiting email link to reset password.

Jack

mort7890
Pro

Hi @Gandalf 

When I go to my account then to manage my web space then to plusnet hosting (CGI) forgot password I do not receive an email link to reset it. I have tried this a few times over the last 2 weeks and still nothing

Jack

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @mort7890 Thanks for getting back to me and sorry again for the delay.

As far as I'm aware by changing your account password this should automatically update your webspace password within an hour. Have you tried that since the 6th August?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mort7890
Pro

Hi @Gandalf 

It appeared that I had used the same password as I use for my account on another application which has caused me a lot of problems. I therefore changed my account and email password on the 3rd August, my router updated automatically.

However my CGi password remains as previous and if I try to change it to my new one I get

"Internet Exception Error 12014 Details: The password was not allowed"

Also I tried the forgot password which states an email link would be sent and I have tried numerous times but no link has arrived, however with your comments I presume this would change my account password as well.

So in answer to your question it has not been updated, I can use my webspace but it is with the old password that has been compromised and I really want it changing.

Jack