Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification settings

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Notification settings

In my Profile/ Notifications and Email, I have the box ticked to receive a email when a thread I subscribe to is made. However, this is not set to default when I start/ reply to a thread and I have to remember to manually subscribe if I want notifications. Is there a way to default this to on?
Thanks
Mark
9 REPLIES 9
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Notification settings

Try clicking PROFILES in the Forum menu bar across the top, then select >Notifications and Email under "Modify Profile" on the LHS.
You should find all you need there.
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

This is the route I have already taken and the box is ticked, but I do not receive replies by default. I have to remember to check the box when writing or come back and click the link.
Anotherone
Champion

So you get some emails through, never wanted to use it myself, so not sure exactly how it works, but it might be worth checking that your email address is entered correctly and that email address isn't filtering them as Spam for some reason if you don't get any at all. I'll try it out later and see what happens to mine.
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

It's not a spam issue, I am not being auto subscribed as I have requested in the settings. Once I click the notify link, I am subscribed and the mails arrive. I like to know when I post I am involved in is replied to, it helps me to reply quickly if need be.
Mark
Anotherone
Champion

That's OK, that's what I thought you meant, I just wanted to be absolutely sure.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

So in the settings you have "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic." ticked / checkbox checked? Still not working after that?
That's RPM to you!!
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

The options I have are:
Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email.- Ticked
Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply.- Ticked
Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic- Ticked
When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please don't reply to these emails.)- Ticked
Anotherone
Champion

Right, sussed it, it works for me - as follows -
I have the top 3 boxes ticked. In the drop-down box towards the right under the 4 options,you need to select <Replies and Moderation> or <Only Replies> whichever you prefer. I have <Replies and Moderation>.  After that click <Save settings>.
Refresh the page and you should see all the threads that you are subscribed to.
Edit: Any threads that you have already posted in, but not previously selected <Notify of replies> , you'll have to go and click <Notify of replies>
Any new posts will be automatic.
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

I had the replies and moderation too. I ended up unchecking everything and saving, then re- checking them all and saving. I'll see what happens next time a start a new thread/ respond to a thread.
Thanks for your help everyone.