Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New DSL Checker with VDSL & G.Fast Observed Speeds

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

New DSL Checker with VDSL & G.Fast Observed Speeds

The new url link for DSL Checker has addition new layout with new observed speeds for VDSL and G.Fast but it only work if enter your telephone number on it and also G.Fast will show only if you have G.Fast service plus it addition of FTTP is not available for my area. The new url link here: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/pls/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

See my screenshot of mine below:

New layout of DSL CheckerNew layout of DSL Checker

10 REPLIES 10
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: New DSL Checker with VDSL & G.Fast Observed Speeds

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to Tech Help.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

The only real addtion is the Max observed speeds but the data it shows is months old, almost 5 months for me, I don't see what purpose it has other than maybe to show what speeds you had at one point to argue a case if the speeds were to drop so Openreach couldn't fob you off with the "your line wouldn't be capable" bs that some enginners like to peddle when they dont want to do the work. 

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I think the purpose is so that ISPs can provide estimates based on actual current speeds.

I don't think it's going to store the highest speed you once had.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I note that my number is still reported as being connected to a Market A exchange despite it being changed to Market B back in the July reclassification.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ngins
Dabbler

Hi All,

I wondered if anyone here know the answer or can point me in the right direction, its not that urgent until I can purchase ultrafast for Plusnet anyway but I noticed an anomaly.  If I use the new BTW checker above with my number it shows no G.Fast, if I use my next door neighbour's number (10 yards away, served by the same exchange and cabinet) it shows G.Fast available - I would have thought if it was in the street cab its in the street cab - is this not the case?

Just asking out of curiosity for now!

Thanks in advance for anyone who can shed some light on it!

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Gfast sadly drops off very quickly in terms of distance I'm not 100% certain but i think it's around 500m being the max anything over that and it's no good you won't get it, do you know how far from the fibre cab you are, it could well be that your neighbour is just in the limit and your outside it. 

ngins
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply. Weirdly I am nearer the cabinet than they are (at least by line of sight to cabinet and the point of entry to our houses) .........but then who knows how the cables are actually routed..........but I would say both of us are less than 200m from the cabinet.....
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

~300m is around the limit for G.Fast. it'll not be available unless it's estimated you can get > 100mbps downstream either.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ngins
Dabbler

Thanks Bob. I also got a phone number from the flats next door so I now have checks on properties either side of me both showing G.Fast off the same cabinet and (not that it matters directly but must surely be some indication) my VDSL speeds better than both. It’s only curiosity at this stage. I may put a ticket into Openreach with the data and see what they say.......!
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I've had fibre for years, so how/where does it say that G.Fast is present/absent?

Mine says that FTTC is available, but for the last couple of years there have been no available slots for new customers.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."