Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Hub One an Access Point

FIXED
satkin
Hooked

Make Hub One an Access Point

I've got an old Plusnet Hub One router that I'd like to utilise as an access point to extend the range of my home wifi.  I've tried following the steps I've found on here, the first one being to login to the router and change the IP address.  When I do this and try to then connect to the new router address to access further settings, I get a 403 forbidden error.

Main router IP address: 192.168.0.1.

My understanding is that the IP address should be in the range of the main router, so when I've gone in to the Hub One settings, I've set the IP address to 192.168.0.20 (this doesn't appear to be used elsewhere).  I press apply and reboot the router, connect back to its wifi then try logging in on this address and get the error.

Would anyone be able to advise me on setting this up please as I'm seemingly not getting anywhere.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Make Hub One an Access Point

Fix

How are you planning on connecting the Hub One to your main router? Via ethernet cable?

Assuming so, when changing the IP address, you should also disable the DHCP server. You would then cable the Hub One to your main router via LAN ports on the respective devices.

Have you checked that there isn't another device on your network that's already assigned the 192.168.0.20 address?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

satkin
Hooked

Re: Make Hub One an Access Point

Easy when you know how.  It was as simple as that.  Thanks so much for your help.