Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacAfee device removal

FIXED
coney11a
Hooked

MacAfee device removal

We have 2 devices which no longer boot up which have MacAfee installed on them and listed as 'inactive' on our MacAfee portal, however the portal will only let us select reinstall MacAfee to these devices but no selection to delete these devices from the portal.  As we have three other devices to install MacAfee on we need these two to be deleted.  How do we do this?

8 REPLIES 8
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: MacAfee device removal

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to Tech Help.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

A mate had a similar problem just a few days ago. He ended up ringing their helpline - this is based in India.
In his case he needed to add a device to a 5 user licence but we could not find away of downloading a copy of the anti-virus software without flashing the credit card.
Issue was eventually resolved but he said it was "hard work" . Resolution involved buying another copy. The scrips that the call center work from did not cover the subject. He found it very difficult to properly explain the problem.
Loks like the support is sub-contracted and they can only deal with probems that match their scripts.
Bottom line ? Ring the India support line, be patient and remember it's macafee's fault for suoplying poor scripts not theirs.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@coney11a I can arrange a call back from McAfee to remove registered devices. Feel free to drop me a PM with a contact number and a good time you’d be available for a call and I’ll be happy to send the request on.

[edit]

This is assuming you’ve got McAfee through Plusnet Protect. If you’ve bought the product directly from them, you’d need to call their support.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
coney11a
Hooked

Thank you PM sent

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks @coney11a Really sorry for the delay though, I've emailed the McAfee Support Team now to call you back on your landline as soon as possible. Let me know how it goes or if there are further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
coney11a
Hooked

All sorted thank you

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome. Thanks for the confirmation!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Gandalf  Nice One  !  Wink