Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Localphone issues

FIXED
Teece
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Localphone issues

Hmm, number port has happened, calls out via Sipgate are fine, but any attempt to use LocalPhone results in a busy tone. @MisterW, can you think of anything I might be missing? I am trying to call one of the 'local' numbers I've set up in my accound.

Moderators Note: Topic title changed

24 REPLIES 24
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Re: Plusnet Full Fibre

I am trying to call one of the 'local' numbers I've set up in my accound.

@Teece  You don't need to setup 'local' numbers and when using a voip client i.e the N300, it doesnt make sense to try and call them. Local numbers are for use from a 'normal' landline and effectively redirect the call at voip rates. From a voip client you just need to call the normal number, it will be at the same rates.

Assuming you have multiple handsets, then try calling your Sipgate number via the Localphone line.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Teece
Rising Star

@MisterW wrote:

Assuming you have multiple handsets, then try calling your Sipgate number via the Localphone line.

Same result - busy tone. I've raised a ticket with LocalPhone.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Do you have credit on the Localphone account ?

Is the N300 showing 'registered' on the Localphone connection ?

How are you forcing the outgoing call to use the Localphone connection ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Teece
Rising Star

Yes, and yes. I've tried having LocalPhone as the only option in the N300, and also selection via the handset.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Have you used the settings from here https://www.localphone.com/help/voip/device_guides/hardware/siemens/c460ip by any chance ?

If so , then try enabling the outbound proxy and setting to auto

Here's my settings

localphone.png

Teece
Rising Star

That just broke my registration! 

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

My localphone settings are the same as @MisterW, except I've got the outbound proxy server disabled, and that's been working well for me for a number of years on my Yealink T46G

Teece
Rising Star

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

That just broke my registration! 

@Teece  Strange , that's how I've always been configured.

You don't have the SIP Alg enabled on the Hub 2 do you ?

My Gigaset is actually a C475IP, the forerunner of the N300 , I've always assumed they are more or less the same , maybe the N300 has slightly different firmware.

I dont see why adding the OB proxy should break registration.

Maybe I need the OB proxy because my Localphone account is used for incoming as well as outgoing. Without either STUN or OB proxy I don't see how incoming calls would work unless there's a NAT keep alive somewhere on the N300 ?

Teece
Rising Star

Don't have a Hub 2! But no SIP rules set up on my router. I suspect the issue is at the other end, in order to generate the busy signal.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I'd be fairly sure there isn't a general problem at localphone. Whilst I've not used mine at home today, i look after the office pbx remotely which uses a localphone trunk for outgoing calls. No one has reported any problems to me. In any case ill pull the logs tomorrow and have a look.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Teece  ok, I pulled the pbx logs and there were plently of outgoing calls using Localphone yesterday, no sign of any busy reports.

I've asked the mods to separate out the Localphone discussions to its own thread

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

Posts split from another topic and moved to Tech Help

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
greygit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1