Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux Mint 20.1 update problem.

FIXED
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Linux Mint 20.1 update problem.

When I notice that the update shield has a marker on it,... I click on it... and proceed to get the updates, by giving my authentication..

It then shows me..>...  "Downloading Package information.... 

After a couple of seconds I get this screen...

update problem 1.png

When I click on "Close".... updates are downloaded and installed.... ...

After install... I get....

update problem 2.png

so why am I being told to check my network connection... and what do I need to do to stop this message ?

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Linux Mint 20.1 update problem.

Fix

There seems to be a problem with the Opera repository public key and so the update system cant access it for the moment. All other updates seem to be ok. Its happened before https://forums.opera.com/topic/22315/ubuntu-apt-get-is-telling-me-pubkey-not-available/2 and is probably just a temporary problem.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Linux Mint 20.1 update problem.

@MisterW   Yeah... I noticed this for some time now... presumed it was to do with Open Office running on WINE, rather than on Linux proper debs install...  have removed OO on Wine... and done the full install of it using the Terminal command line stuff.

So.. it looks like you may be right.. I do have Opera installed... but rarely use it...  so maybe I`ll just unistall it... and things should be back to "normal" with luck..

Thanks for the help.

cheers