cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Madasafish Web site

nelsonfc
Hooked

Legacy Madasafish Web site

I'm looking to update an old website I created in the Madasafish days.

I've just installed a new FTP client to upload some files but can't logon the the server.

I have no idea whether i'm using the correct user name and password.

Can this be reset or can somebody help in anyway

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Legacy Madasafish Web site

@nelsonfc 

You’d need to FTP to www.users.madasafish.com logging in with your account username and password. This is the same details you use to sign in Here.

There’s some more help over at http://www.madasafish.com/support/features/my_webspace/ftp_settings/ftp_settings.shtml

Let us know if you need further help Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nelsonfc
Hooked

Yeah that's part of the problem, I can't logon to my Madasafish email. I've tried resetting the password, but that email must get sent to the email box I cant logon to as I now use gmail. Anyway it can be reset and email sent to gmail account?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Ah I see. We’d send a password reset email to the contact email address on an account and to change this address you’d need to be logged into the account.

I’d recommend calling us on 0800 432 0200 as we’d be able to reset your password over the phone so you can then login to update your details/change your password to something only you’d know. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nelsonfc
Hooked

I've contacted the Plusnet helpdesk and the e-mail address has been changed so when I now try and reset the password from the Madasafish web page, I get an e-mail to my gmail account. But this e-mail has been to reset my Greenbee or Waitrose account, which I don't have. I can log into my Madasafish e-mail account although through plusnet webmail. This password will not allow me to log onto the Madasafish webpage

A temporary password was set up which should allow to access the web site through ftp and Madasafish web page, although this still didn't work. I think the team were trying their best with an uncommon request but seemed to get stuck advising how to transfer files, which although I might need that advice, i still can't log onto the server.

I've attached a file of the error I'm getting when using FTP Commander (Freeware)