Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Camera

FIXED
NevsMate
Hooked
Fixes: 1

IP Camera

I've gotten a single IP Camera, works fine in my home network but, would like to monitor from my phone on the internet. I've gotten a NoIP account so, I'm part the way there, but, Plusnet help and router settings pages aren't too clear for me! Anyone out there can simplify how to set this up??  thnx.

13 REPLIES 13
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: IP Camera

What camera have you got? What protocols does it support? Did it come with an app, as some do and you can't view them without it.

NevsMate
Hooked

Hi, thanks for responding. It's a single CA-690C-R 1080p camera, Currently I have it storing the images on an old tower. I set up and view it using HiP2P Client v6.0.0.0. on the PC and CamHi V5.1.38 from my mobile. Current broadband is Plusnet. I don't recall if it came with any software, but it did have one those 'boxes' you scan which you can then search for the appropriate app. (If I remember rightly, been a while).

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Is it one of these? http://bit.ly/2NXnWTj

If so, there are a range of ways to do it: 

Protocol: TCP/IP,HTTP,HTTPS,FTP,DHCP,DNS,DDNS,RTSP,RTCP,PPPoE,NTP,UPnP,SMTP, etc. 
Mobile Phone APP: CamHi for Android/IOS 

The easiest way probably is to download the app as they normally self install everything.

I use rtsp.me to view my camera, free to use and easy to set up, but you do need to create an account.

Don't forget to log in to no-ip once every 30 days (within 5 days of epiry, or they will shut down your service. you can get a auto login programme that will notify them of any ip address change, but you still have to login yourself from day 25 onwards.

Mark

NevsMate
Hooked

yup, that's the baby... as I said, it works great for a cheap & cheerful from China. Records to my PC and monitor on my mobile via wireless... it's just setting up the last bit to allow internet access. From various bits of 'surfing', it seemed that DynDDs is the way, hence my creating a NoIP account and, yeah I'm aware of the constant logging on...lol. So, I'm looking for advice and an easy to follow how-to to get to the last bit. Seems you may be able to help. Any ideas?. Geoff.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

I think the app would be the easiest solution as it "should" set it all up for you.

If you decided to go it alone you will need to open a port for it in your router.. I would then plug it into the router by ethernet and look for the ip address alllocated to it (e.e 192.168.0.200), dial that into your web browser with the port number on the end, for example 192.168.0.200:100 (if you opened port 100). This "should" take you to the camera set up page. From here you would be able to get links for the image.

Alternatively you could download a programme clled Onvif (if the camera is compatible) and that will help you get the links for remote viewing. Just remember to replace the ip address with you no-ip address.

Mark

NevsMate
Hooked

Hi Mark, the problem I got to is in 'Plusnet' advanced settings.. one app is telling me to do something in plusnet, then plusnet advanced settings are not too clear of what is entered where, so I end up going around in circles... that's why I'm here in the 'plusnet community' looking for answers... this app; "I think the app would be the easiest solution as it "should" set it all up for you." = NoIP..? ... port no's/forwarding... I have some IT knowledge, but, not on this subject, hence looking for something, straightforward, written down, step by step, in plain english... lol  Geoff.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

I don't have knowledge of your camera and I am not using a PN router, so I can't help you through the port forwarding and such i'm afraid. I'm also not too good at explaining as I experiment as I go along, until it works Smiley

Have you tried the Onvif programme? If compatible, it could be an easy way, but you will have to open a port to allow the traffic through the router firewall to the outside world. Don't know if this page helps or not? http://screenshots.portforward.com/routers/Plusnet/Plusnet_Hub_One/Advanced_Port_Forwarding.htm

NevsMate
Hooked

Mark..... I've not seen what's on that link before, but it's where I'm getting stuck.. I'll have a proper read and see if I can digest! You seem to work the way I do, just plod away until it works... and forget to write down how I got there.. lol. thanks for your input... I'll let you know how I get on..  Geoff.

NevsMate
Hooked

Hi Mark... I've haphazardly went for 'Secure Web Server (HTTPS)' under game/application, then: selected 'IPCAM' under device and, the 'advanced - port forwarding' seemed to have given it a 'TCP/UDP port range'... what do I do with that 3 digit number? I typed the cam ip address in the address bar and it invites me to logon with a logon name and password! [-Censored-], hahaha, tried every one I could think of and it won't let me in!... I'm obviously missing summit!! Geoff.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Sounds like the 3 digit number may be the port number? Whatever you are typing into the browser to get to your camera control page the username and password are usually on a sticker underneath, or admin/ admin. Go to whatismyip.com and get your public ip. Then enter the ip address into the browser and the port number, so maybe: whatismyip:2digitnumber (note the colon). If you get the admin page again, you have successfully opened the port to view your camera from the outside world.

NevsMate
Hooked

Mark... weird, just used camera original IP in browser (you reminded me of logon - thnx) and strangely I have access to it! Except the menu is all in Chinese!! but, does work!!  now for a translator or firmware upgrade?  Mobile does load the web page, but not the image as it's an old android and won't download adobe flash!  working on it!! Geoff

NevsMate
Hooked

Fix

Hi Mark, well I opted to try the ONVIF Device Manager and.... connected straight away! Then tried it on Mobile and... in there as well!!  Good call, thnx. Geoff.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Good news Thumbs_Up