cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One USB Port

rctbaker

Hub One USB Port

On the Hub One from Plusnet there is a USB port. I got told it can be used for network storage. I plugged it in, the router recognised it but how do I connect to it and use it as network storage?
I use a windows pc if you need to know.
Many thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Hub One USB Port

I seem to remember that it will only work with a USB stick not an external hard drive - but then again my memory may well be faulty
and it is  Embarrassed
rctbaker

That is weird as my WD Passport has been recognised. I just can't find any information on how you use it - how you connect to the storage device and use it.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Have a look on the BT Home Hub site, its the same as the HH5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

works fine with my external hard drive - initial access is to open explorer and go to \\192.168.1.254 (iirc) you can then map a drive.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
rctbaker

Yeah internet explorer didn't accept it. However thanks to Mustrum!! The link helped alot. I had to use *explorer.exe, it is now mapped to the pc.
mikogg

I discovered it works brilliantly with my iPad if I plug in a USB stick and use it for streaming etc. Just make sure you have the VLC app on the iPad. It'll see your HUB as an SMB file server. Just connect. 

Hope this helps.

Paul64

1/12/2018 Years to late.... but my latest Computer active has an article on routers and it says to access a usb connected memory stick Press Windows+R keys & enter \\192.168.1.254 ….IT WORKS   Then you just have to enter  Admin & the router password Click on the usb1 icon and that's it