Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - Modem Only Mode?

vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hub One - Modem Only Mode?

Is this possible on the newer firmware?

Or is there a different method of being able to use the Hub One for VDSL connectivity, but your own router to do the rest?

Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Hub One - Modem Only Mode?

You can't use a Hub One in modem only mode. The thing to do is turn the Hub One Wifi off then configure your router as a Wireless Access Point (WAP).

Many routers have a WAP mode. Alternatively let us know what router you have for further advice.

Another option is to scrap the Hub One and buy a Huawei HG612 Model 3B off Ebay. This modem works well, is cheap and can be unlocked if you want to monitor the performance of your broadband connection.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks for reply.  I had read that was the case, but thought maybe in later firmware it had been changed.

I don't have the Hub One as yet, just trying to be ready for its arrival.  HG612 is my current modem, but PN support think it might be causing my lower than estimated speed issues and want to rule it out, which is fair enough I guess.

Existing router is Asus RT-N66U aka Dark Knight.  Looks like it will switch to AP mode.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak): Full quote of preceding post removed as per the forum rules

Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

From what I've seen the firmware upgrades have been bug fixes only, no feature upgrades unfortunately.