cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 2 configuration for Sipgate

MTaylor

Hub 2 configuration for Sipgate

Hi, I've just signed up to FFTP at a new house. I want to transfer an existing Sipgate VOIP service to the new house. I've found some router configuration settings on the Sipgate website, but wondered if anyone has experience of configuring the Hub 2 and knows of any other information I need. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: Hub 2 configuration for Sipgate

The Hub 2 does not provide a VOIP facility. You will need additional voip equipment such as an ATA or DECT voip device.

OR are you refering to port fowarding configuration ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MTaylor

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not that techie, so not sure what port forwarding configuration is. I'm looking to connect a handset to the Hub 2 router and use Sipgate for incoming and outgoing calls.

I'm currently using an analogue handset and didn't need a ATA on the router at my old house. I'll look at getting an ATA. Excuse my ignorance, but are ATAs relatively standard or do I need a certain one?

Thanks again for your help.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

I'm looking to connect a handset to the Hub 2 router and use Sipgate for incoming and outgoing calls.

Its not possible to connect a handset directly to the Hub 2. Whilst the hardware does have a phone port, its not operational.

and didn't need a ATA on the router at my old house

I'm assuming that was another ISP provided router ?

I'll look at getting an ATA. Excuse my ignorance, but are ATAs relatively standard or do I need a certain one?

I'd look at the Grandstream products https://www.grandstream.com/products/gateways-and-atas/analog-telephone-adaptors

The HT801 is fairly basic and will work fine , although you may well find the HT812 available more cheaply!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MTaylor

Thanks again. Yes, my current router was supplied by another ISP (B4RN).

I'll have a look at the Genadstream ATAs.

Thanks