cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has IE been hijacked?

Mav
Fixes: 515

Has IE been hijacked?

I ask because I normally login to my Barclays accounts using FF and SWMBO's using IE as it means I don't have to keep switching between account details to log in.
Today I noticed that the first login page for IE (2nd pic) has changed yet the URL is exactly the same as that for FF. I've never noticed a website being so obviously different between FF & IE so am a little concerned. I haven't used IE to log onto SWMBO's yet as I'd thought I'd ask here before asking Barclays.
Edit: Pics changed
Chrome's display is the same as FF

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

15 REPLIES 15
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Has IE been hijacked?

They appear the same in FF & IE for me

Mav

Hmm; deleted all cookies and other files pertaining to IE and Barclays and the webpage is back to normal.
Would still like some sort of explanation before logging back in.
For now will use Chrome to login to for SWMBO.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

TORPC
Grafter

I am wondering if they are toying with the desktop & tablet sites & got them briefly mixed up ?Huh
Mav

There have been a few online messages about a new website being launched soon so maybe a possibility.
The only thing is that I had just logged into my account in FF minutes before thinking of logging into SWMBO's and that's when I noticed the difference. Would Barclays have different webpages for different browsers?

TORPC
Grafter

I don't think they will make different sites for different browsers (as that would be far to much work)
They might however, attempt to cater for different O/S platforms / mobiles IAD's etc
Mav

Ok, this just plain weird now...
IE is showing as it had always been and now FF is showing the login page as per the original change in IE  Shocked
Edit: The page displayed is the login page from when Barclays auto-loged me out after a a few minutes of inactivity.

TORPC
Grafter

Have you ran malwarbytes etc
Also try TDSSKILLER
Mav

Been running all AV programs and nothing untoward found.

TORPC
Grafter

Have you installed / unistalled anything prior to the issue rearing it's head ?Huh
Have you tried an earlier system restore point ?Huh
Have you tried running the browser(s) without add-ons etc ?Huh
Have you tried safe-mode with networking ?Huh
Mav

I think that's overkill at the mo.
Anyway, just had a long chat with Barclays about this and am assured that the site has just been updated. What the agent described is exactly what I could see so all seems OK. For peace of mind I logged in while on the phone and we transferred money between accounts which we could both see so I am pretty happy that all is as it should be.
The only strange thing is that IE suddenly failed to display the site at all bringing up an error. I cleared cookies again and now it again shows the old login page. Maybe Barclays are continuously making adjustments and I just happen to be caught up in it somehow,

TORPC
Grafter

That's good news Wink
However not so good that your caught up in their update procedure Sad
Mav

True but since having money fraudulently taken from my account at two different times (got the money back both times) I am a little obsessive about checking and tend to log in at least twice a day. Plus SWMBO's and my mum's. Don't like surprises where money is concerned.. SWMBO gives me enough of those as it is  Cheesy

TORPC
Grafter

That's horrible & to happen once is bad enough but twice is uncomprehensible
One can't be too careful these days
Some may say different (however they may not have been in the same / similar situation)
Mav

The worst part was the first lot was taken soon after getting remarried when we had no savings or spare funds as it had all gone on air fares, VISAs and the like so caused a great deal of hassle while we waited for the funds to be returned along with all charges accrued.
The second time didn't hit us so bad as we had built up a little savings but was still a shock and PITA.
As I said, I now check all accounts thoroughly and regularly. I have an accounting package which I make balance with all accounts on a weekly basis. Belt and braces approach !