Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android screen broken - with a twist.

FIXED
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 18

Android screen broken - with a twist.

Yesterday while looking at the TV's multiple mode thing I realised that i might be able to watch TV and use my phone - it certainly won't let me use the TV and remote desktop at the same time (stupid huh!).

So today, i unlocked my old android 11 phone which has a cracked screen by using a usb mouse / keyboard. I've been doing this for months and it's not a big problem - the touch screen is dead and so it's the only way i can now use it.

I went into settings, and turned on the secondary display - which then puts a small screen overlay of another monitor onto it (there was me thinking this could be used with the telly but it's gone wrong). Anyway long story short, my mouse pointer jumped to the secondary tiny screen and wouldn't go back to the main one.

Sure enough, a few seconds later, the screen went off and locked itself. Now I try to unlock it and it shows the secondary screen with the mouse pointer trapped inside it and thus I cannot input my secret pattern to unlock the device.

I've tried rebooting, i still see the small secondary screen overlay and the mouse pointer trapped there instead of the main screen.

So i now can't unlock this rotten poxy thing. Any ideas?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
2 REPLIES 2
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Android screen broken - with a twist.

Try     Right Ctrl key     As used on VirtualBox screen where the cursor sometimes is locked to part of the screen, but you need access to outside that screen.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 18

Re: Android screen broken - with a twist.

Fix

Solved - Rebooted into androids safe mode (Power up, then hold down the volume button until safe mode is displayed on the lower left side of the screen).

From that point, all but basic functionality was missing and i could get into settings to turn off the simulate external display.

Rebooted into normal mode and now able to get back into the device.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!