Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External 2.5" Hard Drive Caddy.

colintivy
Rising Star

Re: External 2.5" Hard Drive Caddy.

Hi! Chillypenguin,
Humbled by such an august correspondent!
Duly dsmeged and got a screen looking rather like your quote.. Don't know how to grab a screenshot or how to quote it back to you in full. Mounting then added some more lines starting with " /dev/sda1 on / type ext3(rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro) if that helps. Presumably drive was seen as sda1which might have been found on 2.
Lesson 2 awaited!
colintivy 🙂
artificer
Grafter

you can scrape up the contents of the terminal and copy them to text editor, kate, kwrite, gedit and so on.  you can also save the history to an editor using 'save history as'.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not to sure but on my Linux noddy it cant read to more modern Window NT format, only the older FT, does that apply to all Linux and is that the problem?
chillypenguin
Grafter

Quote from: colintivy
/dev/sda1 on / type ext3(rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro)

That will be your main hardrive, the clue being on `/`.
It looks to me that its not being mounted, so if you can get it `dmesg` would be very helpful.
Try highlighting the `dmesg` and right click, it should give you the option to copy, which can then be pasted.
artificer
Grafter

pierre_pierre, if you're talking about linux being able to read ntfs, it can.  in order to write to ntfs, you need to install ntfs3g and ntfs-config, then run the config in a console.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I was, I only have Noddy Linux on a Asus EeePC dont have much choice with that, but it will read and write all the four cadies that I have (From old Win 95, 98 machines) no mucking about either, just go to the inbuilt explore.  My only reason was that a lot of the Mags say there is a problem with NTFS
chillypenguin
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Noddy Linux on a Asus EeePC

So Xandros Linux is noddy!!
Its about time you switched off easy `noddy` mode;
What is Full Desktop (Advanced Mode)?
Enable Advanced Desktop Mode
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Well I still have it in the Noddy mode, does me when on Hols etc dont really need to play with it as I have another two laptops at home, and an Archos 705 that has - I dont know what as an operating system, but WiFi, Opera Browser, lots of space for MP£'s, Photo's and Videos.