cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epson Printer/Bluetooth connection

weatherman
Grafter

Epson Printer/Bluetooth connection

I have an Epson RX685 printer which has a USB/Bluetooth port the computer recognises it in my Bluetooth places but I cannot print to it other than by hard wiring it,  anybody had similar problems or any ideas
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Epson Printer/Bluetooth connection

No direct experience I'm afraid.
Have you had a look at this http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/c12bt_/c12bt_u1.pdf
It explains how to set up the Epson Bluetooth print adapter and it might be useful.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

weatherman
Grafter

I looked at the file you mentioned but it appears to refer to the Bluetooth print adapter not a Bluetooth dongle, the computer recognizes the printer in My Bluetooth places but does nothing with it, the key codes are the same and they are paired, I'll just have to put up with a standard USB connection
samuria
Grafter

When Blue tooth connects it gets a list of services back from the device like Pim, ftp etc it then knows how to send information to it. It looks as if you desktop is not picking this up so Its either the desktop software which may need reinstalling.
It could be you havent ticked some of the boxes for the bluetooth device see http://www.fieldsoftware.com/printing_bluetooth.htm
It may not be the same as your but may give an idea. The device needs to connect to a port which is printable ie a serial or printer  port so you can set the printer port for the printer
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Yes, the file I mentioned does refer to the Bluetooth print adapter, but the section on 'Using a Laptop' explains how to set up the PC to talk to the printer. This should be similar for any PC with a Bluetooth Dongle.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

weatherman
Grafter

Thanks all, I will try your suggestions