cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devolo dLAN 500 throughput issues

Duncanas

Devolo dLAN 500 throughput issues

I've just installed Devolo dLAN 500 adaptors and am getting terrible performance.

Devolo cockpit shows all 4 devices are communicating at 100-200Mbps throughput in both directions.

Speed test when connecting by wifi directly to my PlusNet Hub One is about 4Mb down, 8Mb up.

Speed test when connecting by wifi to any of the Devolo devices gives a download of about 0.1Mbps and upload of 6-7Mbps. So basically I am getting full throughput upload but almost nothing download. the issue appears to be between the base Devolo device (dLAN 500 duo) and the PlusNet router. As neither device gives many options for set up does anyone have any experience of this? I am not suspecting power cable quality issues as I have previously run TP-Link devices without issue (until one fried) and Cockpit is showing good enough performance.

1 REPLY 1
Duncanas

Re: Devolo dLAN 500 throughput issues

After a few hours of trial and error the issue appears to be Bluetooth interfering with WiFi on the 2.4GHz band. 

Now I just need to figure out how to make it work better without having to disable Bluetooth on mobiles.