cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deco X73-DSL

shinho

Deco X73-DSL

I am looking to setup a mesh system at home, and found some hardware that looks compatible with my Unlimited Fibre Extra service with plusnet.

Can't be bothered with a complicated config, and TP link seem to have a simple enough hardware.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Dual-Band-HomeShield-Deco-X73-DSL/dp/B09VPRPTBJ?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Anyone used the x73 DSL with plusnet?

How was the performance?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
sjhujh

Re: Deco X73-DSL

I bought this a week ago and so far it's been a massive improvement over the last TP-Link router I had (Archer VR400 V3). 

Although I suspect that has more to do with the fact this one is designed more for a house with lots of items using the WiFi. So far I feel it's pretty good value and set up is very easy. 

Only real negative for me is that there's no scope for tinkering with settings. Something I like to do! Also its entirely set-up and controlled via the app, no web interface at all. 

(Hopefully this helps!)  

shinho

No Web interface at all?Huh

It's not a problem for me, but what about people who don't have smart phones?

Have you purchased any of the deco range to add to it?
sjhujh

Sorry turns out there is a web interface, although I did set-up via the app. The URL for the web interface for the deco line is different to the old Archer line of the routers I was using! Although the web page only gives information and doesn't let you change any setting's it seems. 

I haven't added any extra deco's as my area doesn't need it. I only purchased it to give me a more stable connection with my smart devices. Which it seems to have done. 

I have previously set-up a Deco M5 mesh system for my parents and that was a seamless experience (again all app based). The product page for this says its compatible with all Deco devices, so I can't see it being an issue.

standfam

Appreciate it was a while ago now but did you experience any problems setting up your X73-DSL .  I tried and have failed despite several resets etc.

The App offers a Plusnet DSL option on the ISP provider screen which I selected but then I am not offered what should be the next screen [as per the example instructions - screen/page 14]  (i.e. signing into Plusnet) and the router then just goes to the next part of the setup and shows a red light on the unit and no internet on completion. 

Did you have a similar experience and then have to set up via the "Other" option?

Thanks

sjhujh

Hey, actually I just returned my X73-DSL...

It initially seemed to run really well and everything was great. But then it started crashing if I tried to access the router via the web. It also would crash and need a hard reset when I tried to update the firmware... So in the end I returned it to Amazon and changed it for an Asus DSL-AX82U....

I didn't have the issues you seem to be having with it when I was trying to set it up. So not sure what to advise tbh.