Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVT Files

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

DVT Files

I am trying to open some DVT files but not having much luck, there are a number of free viewers on the internet but nothing I can see that covers DVT files.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
7 REPLIES 7
NedLudd
Grafter

Re: DVT Files

Maybe this will help (from Google)!
Sorry I can't be more helpful but I don't have any .dvt files on my system!
Geoff,
York.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

Thanks.
I Spotted that site but if windows is unable to open the file there is few suggestions about how this may be done for example no appropriate file reader is suggested. In fact I think this site is asking if anyone knows of a file reader.
It may be possible to convert them to another format but to be honest the files are not that important just thought there might have been an easy way to view them, will have a look to see if there are any free codec's available that might do the trick.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I did find this http://support.indatacorp.com/Software/DepoView/GetDepoView.aspx
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Razer
Grafter

Aside from the link Strat has given, with such a file as this it may be possible to view in notepad. Depending on size, it's always my first try with any odd file type and more often than not it does.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

No Luck with notepad I think it's some type of video file.
I Did check out depoview but I think it's something you need to purchase and if that is the case it would not be worth doing so.
Thank for the responses
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I've used VLC media player successful with hard-to-play formats, although I cannot see anything explicit to say it supports .DVT.
Razer
Grafter

Quote from: gleneagles
No Luck with notepad I think it's some type of video file.
I Did check out depoview but I think it's something you need to purchase and if that is the case it would not be worth doing so.

Oh [Censored] it. I thought with it apparently being a video transcript file that it would be much like a subtitle file with time codes and text only. What about temporarily using the program linked to, get what you need from the file and then uninstall? Does it not have a trial period?